PDA

View Full Version : 7 resorts / 7 days

gerald72
06-15-2010, 04:18 PM
So I see several questions about splitting a vacation between 2 resorts. What do you think about staying at 7 resorts over 7 nights?
My kids like the pools. I like to check out the resorts, and restaurants. We have spent most of our last few trips in the parks.
So what do you think- no parks, only being lazy at the resorts? And trying out a different table service restaurant each day.
We'd be in no hurry to have our luggage moved each day. The only disadvantage I could think of is having to move the car each day. Do you think there is a spot I can park all week?

Ian
06-15-2010, 04:20 PM
I actually think it sounds kinda cool!

I've often thought of visiting WDW and not doing the parks ... just chilling out. And I love to resort hop, so this might be a perfect vacation for us.

I say try it out. I bet you really enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Scar
06-15-2010, 04:30 PM
After reading the first sentance I said "What are you NUTS!?"

But after reading the rest and not going to the parks, OK sounds kinda cool.

The only problem I see is what if your rooms are never ready until 4:00 each time, that might stink.

BrerGnat
06-15-2010, 05:41 PM
That time between 11am and 4pm would have to be REALLY well planned. Personally, I'd never do that, but if it's your style, go for it. Would definitely be an experience!

I'd probably make a TS LUNCH at each of the new hotels, to help fill the time between check in and out, and then plan to enjoy the pool after lunch. In the late afternoon/evening, you can enjoy the other things the resorts offer.

caryrae
06-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Maybe have one day in where you don't switch Resorts just in case you decide "well we are this close why not go to one park" at least I know I would say that.:)

Which 7 Resorts would you choose?

gerald72
06-15-2010, 06:18 PM
The time between check out and check in doesn't have to be that well planned.
If you check out of your room, you are still allowed to use the pools the rest of your check out day. And most times you can check into the next resort before 4pm. I've checked in as early as 6am.
My resort selections, probably in this order:
Contemporary
Polynesian
Grand Floridian
Beach Club
Boardwalk
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Wilderness Lodge

the money I'll save on not buying park admission I'll spend on deluxe resorts

faline
06-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Not something I'd do. I generally like to unpack my suitcase, settle in and enjoy our trip. On our last trip to Hawaii, we stayed in four different locations and rooms in five nights! I was so glad when we got settled (It was a two week trip) and I didn't have to move again!

faline
06-15-2010, 06:51 PM
By the way, I was just thinking - your plan would mean you'd need to pay for accommodations for your entire trip as you made your reservations. Room only reservations require that you pay a one-night deposit when you make your reservation. If you made seven one night reservations, you'd have to pay for each of them as you made them.

luvdiznee
06-15-2010, 06:58 PM
I myself couldn't do it. As I also like to unpack and feel settled. But if you can handle that go for it. Those are great resort choices! :mickey:

Jillirose
06-15-2010, 08:38 PM
I have often thought of doing the same thing. Only, I couldn't go all that way (from MI) and not go to the parks! I would also finish at BC, since it has the best pool.

Fastpasssteve
06-16-2010, 02:56 AM
While the idea of luxuriating in each of those resorts deeply appeals to me...I don't know how I'd be able to NOT visit at least MK and EPCOT.

Ms. Mode
06-16-2010, 07:07 AM
While the idea of luxuriating in each of those resorts deeply appeals to me...I don't know how I'd be able to NOT visit at least MK and EPCOT.

I don't think I could stay out of the parks either. Plus, I really like unloading my suitcase. :blush:

Tygger7
06-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Sounds like waaaaaayyyy too much work for me. If you could transport your own luggage and didn't have to rely on Disney, then MAYBE. But the resort to resort luggage transfers could be a headache. If you check out of one hotel early & ask them to transfer your luggage, what if doesn't arrive un til 8-9pm at night? And, as Faline said, you'd have to pay for every night up front because of the deposit situation. Sorry but it doesn't sound relaxing at all to me, but to each his own! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
06-16-2010, 08:28 AM
No way. I've split our stays on past trips, and I have to say, I'm over it. Its way more work than anticipated, and you always end up losing lots more time than you think with the move. I'm all for settling in on the first day and making that place home for the time I'm there. No more split stays for me. Way too much work and hoopla.