PDA

View Full Version : How hot and crowded is WDW right now?

disney1122
06-15-2010, 03:58 PM
We leave in 5 days...YAY!

How hot and crowded is it really right now? Hoping that the grand opening of Harry Potter detours crowds there instead of Disney!!!

:fingers:

Strmchsr
06-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Can't speak to the crowds, but read the weather forecast thread at the top of this forum and you'll know about the heat. It's very hot and humid right now (as should be expected in June). The heat index is over 100 every day.

Kenny1113
06-15-2010, 04:59 PM
I also cannot speak for the crowds, but down here in south Florida it is HOT! We have the ocean breeze unlike the middle of the state!

clausjo
06-15-2010, 05:06 PM
I was in the World on Saturday and yesterday and it was really, really crowded and very, very hot. Like a 50 minute wait for Small World, crowded! I now remember why I never go during the summer! Hopefully the Harry Potter park will impact the crowds for you a bit.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
06-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Yikes!! I leave tomorrow morning at 5:30..looks like the pool and I will become best of friends....can't wait for a dole whip!!

faline
06-15-2010, 06:56 PM
We're getting to that point in the year when the crowds are definitely on the upswing as is the heat and humidity. Expect crowds, heat and humidity from now through mid to late August.

Daisy'sMom
06-15-2010, 07:09 PM
If this helps, it's 7:06pm and my temperature outside the house says 90.6, dewpoint is 76. Drink plenty of water and make Hall of Presidents your friend.:mickey:

alaMode
06-15-2010, 07:14 PM
and it was very hot, but some days were more humid than others.

The crowds were definitely picking up towards the end of our stay, but it didn't seem too bad.

We always left the parks after lunch for a cool down/rest, followed by an extended dip in the pool.

The evenings were still hot, but bearable without that intense FL sun!

You are going to have so much fun! Enjoy!

Ed
06-16-2010, 08:28 AM
It was a record-breaking 98 degrees yesterday, with heat idex in the low 100's. Afternoon storms are becoming a daily thing.

Dress cooly, and stay hydrated! :sun:

PetefromRI
06-16-2010, 08:54 AM
I just heard that the heat index today is supposed to be around 110,ouch!

BluewaterBrad
06-16-2010, 05:30 PM
I also cannot speak for the crowds, but down here in south Florida it is HOT! We have the ocean breeze unlike the middle of the state!

It has been CRAZY hot here in Port Charlotte (about 2.5 hrs south). I saw Orlando was 98 today with index of 111.:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
06-16-2010, 09:16 PM
We were just there from June 6th to June 15th and the last 3 days were HOT. The begining of our vacation was very pleasant, but by Friday or Saturday the heat starting picking up. Crowds were not an issue for us at all. The longest we waited in any line all week was around 15-20 minutes. We did use fastpass as often as possible so that helped, but we were suprised at how short all the lines where and many times DH commented on how low the crowds felt. Make good use of your resort pool during the hottest part of the day and you should be fine.

LauraByTheSea
06-17-2010, 07:18 AM
We leave in 5 days...YAY!

How hot and crowded is it really right now? Hoping that the grand opening of Harry Potter detours crowds there instead of Disney!!!

:fingers:

Ooh! I never even thought about that! I'll be in MK on Saturday, so let's hope the HP gets all the attention!

Oh, and hot? Oh yes, it'll be hot. I live in South Florida, and ohhh, it's hot.

btown
06-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Oh my, we leave tomorrow. I am not one for heat, LOL. Last time we went the end of August, crowds were not too bad. I am sure the temps are the same. I have 3 days planned at the pool. Then the rest early park openings and then afternoon back at the pools. We have a few sitdown meals planned for lunch to cool us off. I try to do one sit down meal a day to relax and enjoy!