PDA

View Full Version : Getting to MK before it opens..

McLiberal8
06-15-2010, 02:17 PM
From what I can see, the buses go to MK 30 mins before the park is schedualed to open.
If I have an ADR at Crystal Palace for breakfast at 8:20, and MK opens at 9, how will I get there for my res?

Ms. Mode
06-15-2010, 02:48 PM
I was told the buses start running about an hour prior to the parks opening. :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-15-2010, 02:56 PM
You don't have to worry at all. Busses start in time for the early ADR's (usually around 7am from the resorts). They don't run as often as the regular busses, so I'd be at the bus stop pretty early.

Plus, if you're a little early, you can enjoy walking down an almost-empty Main Street.

gerald72
06-15-2010, 03:06 PM
No need to worry- the buses will be running.

DizneyRox
06-15-2010, 03:09 PM
They run early morning busses to the parks for ADRs. You may need to ask the front desk what time they usually show up, and you may need to pay attention as they may not be marked (or marked SPECIAL or something of that nature).

Getting to another resort however that early may be a challenge. You may want to taxi in that case (or prep for a walk). A place like Cape May may be very hard, the best bet would be a bus to MGM and walk over. Not sure if MGM has any place with a pre-opening breakfast. Epcot won't be an option, I don't think they let you in unless you're going to Norway.

MK though, piece of cake.

#1donaldfan
06-15-2010, 03:38 PM
.....NO WORRIES....
...there will be busses for you and several others ..... the park will seem deserted... !!!:thumbsup:

McLiberal8
06-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Thanks, everyone! No need to worry, then..

I am super excited. I can't wait to walk around MK with my cam while it is deserted! Do they block off all the areas except Main St and the castle area, or is the whole park open to walk around beforehand?

DizneyRox
06-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Main Street to the castle... You don't have the park to yourself.

McLiberal8
06-16-2010, 12:22 AM
Haha. One can dream :)

CleveRocks
06-16-2010, 11:05 PM
Buses start running from the resorts to the theme parks around 6:30 a.m., 365 days a year.

I've never seen ANYWHERE anyone saying that buses start running 30 minutes before park opening ... simply untrue.

And the false rumor seems to never die, the one about buses starting 1 hour before park opening.

6:30 a.m., 6:45 a.m at the latest, THAT is when park buses start running. Verified by actual WDW drivers who work the mornng shift.

McLiberal8
06-17-2010, 10:50 AM
I saw the 30 mins before thing on the intercot transportation page:

Walt Disney World Resort hotels to the Magic Kingdom – one half-hour before park opening until Magic Kingdom closing.

Thanks for your help!