PDA

View Full Version : Pirate's League

Goofy Pluto
06-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Just wondering about opinions for the Pirate's League, for anyone who has done it. Thinking about possibly doing it for my son and just wondering about opinions.

Thanks.

misspriss
06-15-2010, 01:38 PM
I am also interested in opinions. I made an appt for my DS9 in Sept. He is very excited!

sneadhead
06-15-2010, 01:43 PM
We were just there a couple of weeks ago, and my 6 year old son did the Pirate's League. He loved it. I didn't do the whole costume thing, as it was hot, but he did the face painting and I purchased the photograph. All of the CM's stay completely in character. They start off by being assigned a pirate name, which they are called by for the rest of their stay. They then get in chairs where the face paint is applied. They also get a bandana, eye patch, fake teeth, and an earring. They then get to go to the "secret room" for a photograph. Before this, they are given their sash, sword and sheath. While in the "secret room" they get to hunt for treasure - which is the necklace medallion that they get to keep when they find it. I would highly recommend it. My 10 year old daughter has informed me that she wants to do it on our next visit.

Pirate Granny
06-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Would this be appropriate for a 4 year old? Would we need to have someone stay with him/her (two of them together)...???
:pirate:

sneadhead
06-15-2010, 03:02 PM
I think it would be very appropriate for a 4 year old. There were some even younger than that having it done while we were there. The room is relatively small. It has about 8 chairs in it. There were some parents who had 2 children doing it at the same time. You are always in the same room. They would just walk back and forth between the 2 chairs.

RedSoxandPatsfan
06-15-2010, 05:56 PM
I did it with three kids on NYE. DS 11.5, DD 11.5 and niece 9. They all loved it and still talk about it today. Very memorable experience. We just got the cheaper package (no costumes) and they thought that was great.

I was in the room with them the whole time so you'll be with them also. Similar to BBB. There were many younger kids also getting done at the same time. They all seemed to have a great time. We saw a bunch of children and adults dressed up throughout the rest of the day.

Go and have a great time, but don't say anything about the black spot and the Kraken.