PDA

View Full Version : Difference between rooms?

Luv4WDW
06-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Could anybody tell me the difference between the standard and deluxe concierge rooms at the GF? I was looking on the Disney website and couldn't find any difference listed (except for a $5 price difference). Since both are concierge is it a difference in size? Thanks! :mickey:

KAT1811
06-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Just guessing but maybe it has more to do with room location?

Luv4WDW
06-15-2010, 10:34 AM
My husband just called Disney to ask about the difference between the rooms. Here it is.... the deluxe rooms have more space, a walk-in closet, another separate closet with a sink and refrigerator and more windows overall. She said it's definitely worth the extra money... I think I agree!

TammiMcMan
06-15-2010, 12:14 PM
There are 4 different room styles for the deluxe club level rooms. One of the styles is the way you described it, but the others offer different things. I'm heading out the door on an errand, but I'd be happy to write up the room descriptions when I get back if that would help.

KAT1811
06-15-2010, 07:42 PM
That seems like an awful lot more for just $5. Interesting.

TammiMcMan
06-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Okay, the deluxe club level rooms do work out to be between $5 and $20 more per night over the RPC standard club level rooms (it depends on what season you're travelling in).

As I said, there are 4 different styles that you can choose from (you cannot book a specific style, beyond it being the 2 queen beds or guranteed king bed).

Style #1 ~ 2 queen beds, shaped like a triangle, larger balcony that overlooks the garden and beach (no MK views). There is a wet bar, standard size closet, regular tub and a sofa (does not open up to a bed). Basically, it's a slightly bigger room, but only accommodates 4 guests. Found on the 3rd and 4th floor, near the lounge. Pretty sure there are 3 of style #1 and 3 of style #2.

Style #2 ~ same as above, but it's a rectangular shape with a slightly smaller balcony. Only accomodates 4 guests. Found on the 3rd and 4th floor, near the lounge.

Style #3 ~ King bed, same size as a standard club level room, standard closet, jacuzzi tub, love seat sofa, MK view. Accommodates 2 guest and is found down a private hallway on the 2nd floor. I believe there are 9 in all.

Style #4 ~ King bed, very large octogon shaped room. This is the one with the walk in closet, also has a wetbar, which has folding doors that hide it (probably the other "closet" the CM referred to), soaking tub for two, lots of windows, but no balcony. Located on the 3rd, 4th and 5th floor. Total of 6, also referred to as turret suites. 3 of them offer a panoramic view from the castle around to the beach. The other 3 offer a view from the beach around to the monorail.

I have the room layouts on my homepage if you want to take a look. Unfortunately, the CM's at CRO aren't always the most knowledgeable and definitely can leave out some of the details.

Luv4WDW
06-15-2010, 10:39 PM
We just called and made our reservations (woohoo!). Except... the guy who helped us said that it wasn't the $5-$20 more per night as we were originally told and as we saw online... it works out to be $2000 more for our 8 night trip. This didn't make sense to me. We just booked a regular Club Level room, but I'm so bummed! I was expecting it to be much cheaper. Oh well... I guess if it seems to be too good to be true it probably is and I just need to be thankful to be going.... which I totally am! Next May can't come soon enough!

TammiMcMan
06-16-2010, 12:04 AM
You have to be really careful when pricing out the GF, specifically with their club level rooms. There are two different levels, one of them is the outer lodge club level and the second is the royal palm club, which is in the main building.

A standard royal palm club room is $705 per night in the value season and the deluxe royal palm club room is $710 per night for the same time period. An outer lodge club room is $530 per night, value season. I would just make sure that you were looking at the right prices and that the CM you booked with, was comparing the right room categories.

For future reference, Magical Journeys is a travel agency with all Disney experts. They tend to be much more knowledgeable than your average CRO CM, especially when its a slightly more complicated category booking.

I definitely suggest double checking your information and what you've ultimately been booked into with the GF (ie outer lodge club level or Royal Palm club).

Luv4WDW
06-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Well, I called this morning, and I'm glad I did! Our reservations were ALL screwed up. Thankfully, I got it straightened out. The guy who originally booked the room for us DID have us in an outer building, despite the fact that he promised us that wasn't the case. Since the 2011 prices aren't out yet they said they quoted us high but it will likely go down (and I sure hope it does!). Does anybody have experience with this? How much would you expect the prices to go down? Right now it's over a $200/night mark up from this year. Reassure me that it will go down drastically like the CM expect!

TammiMcMan
06-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Well, I called this morning, and I'm glad I did! Our reservations were ALL screwed up. Thankfully, I got it straightened out. The guy who originally booked the room for us DID have us in an outer building, despite the fact that he promised us that wasn't the case.I'm glad you double checked. As the price would indicate, there really is a big difference between the Royal Palm Club and the outer lodge.

Does anybody have experience with this? How much would you expect the prices to go down? Right now it's over a $200/night mark up from this year. Reassure me that it will go down drastically like the CM expect!Can't help you with this, but keep an eye out for any discount codes or Pin numbers that you can apply to your room.

Scorpiosammy
06-17-2010, 01:48 AM
We just called and made our reservations (woohoo!). Except... the guy who helped us said that it wasn't the $5-$20 more per night as we were originally told and as we saw online... it works out to be $2000 more for our 8 night trip. This didn't make sense to me. We just booked a regular Club Level room, but I'm so bummed! I was expecting it to be much cheaper. Oh well... I guess if it seems to be too good to be true it probably is and I just need to be thankful to be going.... which I totally am! Next May can't come soon enough!

Congrats on booking the GF! This September will be mine & my DH's 1st time at the GF :cloud9: You are SOOO lucky to be able to afford a concierge level room!! I have always wanted one, but we can never afford it. However, for our Honeymoon last year we had a non-concierge savannah view room at the AKL: Jambo House and it was still magical ;) Still, just once I would like to be on a concierge level :marg: LoL

Luv4WDW
06-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Yes, we scrimp and save to be able to afford this. This year it looks like we'll be lucky enough to have family go with us to share the cost. I can't wait! Does anybody know when next year's hotel costs will come out?!

KylesMom
06-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Does anybody know when next year's hotel costs will come out?! You'll probably see 2011 room rates released sometime in August. That's when we usually have MJ book us for the next years' vacation. :mickey:

TammiMcMan
06-17-2010, 11:55 AM
You are SOOO lucky to be able to afford a concierge level room!! I have always wanted one, but we can never afford it. Discounts do apply to club level rooms, so if you haven't registered on the Disney site yet, I'd definitely recommend doing so. I know guests who have saved on the 40% pin codes and are staying club level. You have to be quick, but it's a good thing to watch for.

Aside from that though, we've stayed in club and non-club rooms at the GF. They're all really lovely and the resort itself just makes you feel pampered (from the padded lounge chairs to the private cabana rentals). When we stay standard, we'll usually take the extra money we saved and do something really special like a Wishes cruise or you can also plan a romantic dinner with private dining. There are places at the GF where they'll set up a table for two (or more) and the cost is about the same as a signature meal. You can also have them deliver a glass of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to your double lounger on the beach. Lots you can do to make it a very unique vacation, without staying club level ;) .