PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk - transportation to Disney Resorts?

IloveDisney71
06-14-2010, 11:23 PM
I am thinking about walking over to Disney's Boardwalk from Epcot after Illuminations one night since I have never visited the Boardwalk in all of my many visits to the world. I am wondering how I would get back to Coronado Springs since Epcot would be closed. I was looking on the WDW website and it looks like the Boardwalk offers bus services to all the Disney resort hotels but I wanted to double check that with my intercot community. I figured somebody could confirm that for me! :D

Also - there was conflicting info on the sight about Jellyrolls. It says in one place that it is for teens and up and then in another place it says you must be 21 yrs. or older. Can someone clear that up for me? I have a 20 year old and need to know if she'll be able to go there or not. Thanks!

BrerGnat
06-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Jellyrolls is most definitely 21 and up, at least past 9pm, which is when the cover charge takes effect.

There is NOT bus transportation from Boardwalk to the other resort hotels. You can take a bus from BW to Downtown Disney, and then transfer.

If it was me, though, I'd just take a taxi. Won't cost you even $10.

MOJoe
06-15-2010, 12:17 PM
If you visit the Boardwalk on a night when the Studios is open to 10 or later, then you could ride a boat over there and take a bus to your resort. Taking a cab is also a good option.

And since Jellyrolls is 21 and up, you may want to include Fantasia Gardens mini golf as part of your Boardwalk sightseeing. It's just across the street from the Swan and Dolphin.

Pigtunia
06-15-2010, 01:13 PM
We used to bus back to POR, but the transfer at DTD is a bit cumbersome. The last four times we've gone, we've just driven and one of us 'gets' to be a designated driver.

A cab would be a quicker way home. In fact, walking from Boadwalk to Coronado might be faster, although I wouldn't recommend it. ;)

HackLaSalle
06-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Out of every where I have been in the World the most difficult place to get a bus from was Boardwalk. I agree with taking a cab.

Brer Mickey
06-24-2010, 12:31 AM
In fact, walking from Boadwalk to Coronado might be faster

While it is only 1.6 miles from the lobby at BWV to Coronado Springs there is no way to safely walk from there. You would have to cross Buena Vista Dr. and World Dr. to get there and there are no crosswalks or sidewalks for pedestrians to safely travel.

Best bet for that short distance would be a cab.

Ropachs
06-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Take the cab. It was a nightmare getting back to our resort, lost almost 2 hours.

GAN
06-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Take the cab. It was a nightmare getting back to our resort, lost almost 2 hours.

Good advice. We had the same issue -catching busses soured a perfect night. Spend the $10/15 and have no worries!

clausjo
06-28-2010, 01:56 PM
I agree, a cab is your best bet. When we were there in February, we had to take a bus to DTD and then transfer to another bus to take us to our resort. It took almost an hour and a half. Because of that, whenever I go to dinner at another resort, I drive my car (which I know not everyone has the option to do) but it works out best for me.

twinboyz
07-30-2010, 02:00 PM
:bump:Are there cabs readily available at Boardwalk during the day? Or where do you go to call for one? We're staying at POR..Is the cost about $15.00 or so?

BrerGnat
07-30-2010, 04:49 PM
:bump:Are there cabs readily available at Boardwalk during the day? Or where do you go to call for one? We're staying at POR..Is the cost about $15.00 or so?

There are generally cabs waiting outside most of the resort front entrances, for the majority of the day/night. If there is not one out there, you can simply ask the front desk to call one for you.

The cost will be less than $15 (one way) between POR and BWI. Should be closer to $10.