PDA

View Full Version : Two Birthdays, a new job, and two steps forward at long last! Pt 7

Mickey'sGirl
06-14-2010, 09:33 PM
DH (Brian, aka CanadianWDWFan) – Celebrating his new job
Me (Jennifer, aka Mickey’sGIrl) – Celebrating my 41st birthday
DS12 (Harry) – Celebrating his 12th birthday
DS6 (Euan) – Celebrating life, cuz it’s pretty good when you’re 6 and at Disneyworld!

Day 7 – Thursday May 27

We decided to sleep in today. We had been going full tilt in the heat, and we were up late on Wednesday night. When we got up, we decided to go to the Sandcastle Pool for the day. We spent the whole day in and around the pool, and had lunch from the snack bar there. We went back to the room to clean up later in the afternoon, and the boys worked on their sketches some more.

Our friends were coming over to meet us after dinner for a swim and some adult beverages by the pool, so we drove out to the Super Walmart for some supplies, and to Subway for some subs for dinner. We had a terrific time talking and laughing while the kids swam. The only unpleasant thing was the sweat bug infestation. These little bugs eat ankles, and mine went purple from all the bites... they were awful, but the evening was fabulous. Our friends had to leave by 9, as their daughter had school the next day, and I had to pack up our stuff for our move the next day.

yjgirl32
06-15-2010, 09:09 AM
It's nice to have a break in the week for relaxation- I hope we do it on our next trip. LOL- thanks again for sharing.

gauvin4
06-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Sounds like a much need break for you. So glad you enjoyed your time with your friends. :thumbsup:

KylesMom
06-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Whew - glad you're taking a day to rest & play in the pool after that late birthday night! :D Nice evening visit with your friends . . . except, of course, for those gosh-darned bugs! :(

Things are really going great . . . I hope your move tomorrow is quick, painless and uneventful! Thanks, Jenn! :mickey:

faline
06-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Bitey bugs! Yuck! Other than that a great day of relaxation!

Dsnygirl
06-16-2010, 04:09 AM
What a nice day, having the chance to really relax in the middle of the trip -- and I can only imagine the fun around the pool!! :D (sans bugs, of course... missing out on them would have been nice!)

Can't wait to read about your next couple of days at the Contemporary!

DizNee143
06-16-2010, 02:22 PM
a nice relaxed day!:mickey:
sounds perfect to me..except for those bugs you wrote about..yuck!

#1disneyfan
06-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Sounds like a very relaxing day. Glad you were able to spend time with friends. Off to contemporary??? How wonderful!

offwego
06-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Bugs that bite are nasty. Bugs that bite you till your purple are evil!

I'm so glad you had some hang out and chill time. Bet it was nice to just be huh?:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
06-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DisneyorBust
06-25-2010, 11:56 AM
A nice, relaxing day at the pool! Good way to beat the Florida heat.

Jennib
06-30-2010, 10:50 PM
beverages by the pool sound great :)

BluewaterBrad
07-01-2010, 12:27 PM
I thought you guys were going to take a "rest" day!:mickey: