PDA

View Full Version : Two Birthdays, a new job, and two steps forward at long last! Pt 5

Mickey'sGirl
06-14-2010, 09:30 PM
DH (Brian, aka CanadianWDWFan) – Celebrating his new job
Me (Jennifer, aka Mickey’sGIrl) – Celebrating my 41st birthday
DS12 (Harry) – Celebrating his 12th birthday
DS6 (Euan) – Celebrating life, cuz it’s pretty good when you’re 6 and at Disneyworld!

Day 5 – Tuesday May 25

We were missing the Magic Kingdom by this point, so we got up early and took the bus over, as we don’t like the commute from the TTC over. We hit Adventureland first; The flying carpets, then Pirates, neither without any wait, then over to ride Thunder Mountain, again without a wait, and then on to the Haunted Mansion (without a wait btw). Then we sent Brian to get Fastpasses for Peter Pan, and we rode Small World (complete with 12 year old son rolling his eyes), and Brian and Euan rode the Carrousel. When they were done, we went into Mickey’s Philharmagic for the show. One of Euan’s favourite songs is “Be Our Guest”, and he sings it with much gusto ... and much volume, and we fully expected him to join Lumiere in the theatre, but he did not. We simply all enjoyed the show. We had time to ride Snow White before our Peter Pan flight, so we did, then we did.

We decided to walk around to Toontown to take a ride on the Barnstormer, and then onto the Steam Train for a ride around the park. Turns out this was an awesome idea (I will take full credit for it), as the heaven’s opened up shortly after boarding. We decided to stay on until the rain stopped, which it did just as we were pulling back into the Toontown station. Harry still managed to get quite wet from the rain (he had the doorside seat), but it was nothing compared to how wet we would have been! We got off the train in Toontown, and walked over to get Fastpasses for Space Mountain. We ate lunch over at Columbia Harbor House (FANTASTIC food), then back over so Brian and Harry could ride Space Mountain. Euan and I left them early to catch a ride in the Honeypots (a 50 minute wait!) and then we met up for a family ride on the TTA. Brian and Harry had ridden Space twice, using all four fastpasses, so they were ready for some downtime! WE took a ride on the Space Ranger Spin, and then over to the Laugh Floor. We sooooo enjoy the Laugh Floor, especially when the audience members are “into” it. We decided to call it a day, and went back to OKW for a swim.

When we got back, we found that our air conditioner was not working properly, so we called maintenance. We made sandwiches in our room while we were waiting. Two really nice guys came and fixed us up and cooled the room right down. It was dark when they were done, so we went over to the Sandcastle Pool for a night-time swim. It was so much fun, but poor Harry scraped his chin on the bottom of the pool. Then we called it a night. It had been a very busy day.

BrerGnat
06-14-2010, 10:57 PM
You guys rode a lot today! CHH is my favorite restaurant at MK. LOVE it! Lucky you escaped the rain. Don't you just love when you have impeccable timing?

Off to read more.

KylesMom
06-14-2010, 11:18 PM
After a few days at different parks, doesn't it seem like forever since you've been back to MK? Even with Harry rolling his eyes at IASW? :D Another great morning. As BrerGnat mentioned, impeccable timing, hopping on that train! And of course, lunch at Columbia Harbour House. I do have to ask - did they make you all wind around through the line, or was your family able to snag a seat while you ordered? DH wanted me to ask you about this one, as this is the one place we really have a system for washing up & getting seated!

Nice to hear that maintenance was on the air conditioning issue & they fixed it proper. Hope that Harry's chin is ok on the morrow after the party on the pool bottom :(.

I know I'm repeating myself, but this was another great day for you, Brian and the boys! Great details, Jenn! :mickey:

BrerGnat
06-14-2010, 11:30 PM
I do have to ask - did they make you all wind around through the line, or was your family able to snag a seat while you ordered? DH wanted me to ask you about this one, as this is the one place we really have a system for washing up & getting seated!

Not to hijack, but when we were at CHH over the week prior to Easter, we were able to have most of our party "save" a table, while two of us got in line to order for everyone. They even make it easy there, by having plastic menus on the tables. We were also handed menus upon entry, but no one stopped us from being seated first.

In fact, over that week, we never ate anywhere that had the "get your food before you sit down" rule in effect, and it was quite crowded.

Mickey'sGirl
06-15-2010, 07:25 AM
It wasn't very busy. Brian and the boys went upstairs to get a table whilst I got the food. No rules about food then sit were being enforced.

yjgirl32
06-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks for sharing.

faline
06-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Seems like it was far less crowded this day! You got to ride lots of things at the Magic Kingdom!

Dsnygirl
06-16-2010, 04:03 AM
What fun... you guys cover a LOT of ground today!! And no mickey bars to keep you going? What happened?? ;)

DizNee143
06-16-2010, 12:04 PM
YaY!! Magic Kingdom!
sounds like you all had a nice time there!
sorry to hear..well read lol..that Harry got hurt..im sure it was nothing though for a 12yr old boy! :mickey:

Joannelet
06-16-2010, 04:28 PM
I love your explanation of Evan singing be our guest :) LOL Sad that he didn't sing it during the show :(
I guess he was just too amazed to sing :)
This is the first part of your trip that I am reading and it is sooo good. Now I have to go and look for the others that you wrote :)
Sorry to hear that your 12 yo got hurt at the end of the night :(

#1disneyfan
06-19-2010, 10:26 PM
What a great place to be stuck in the rain!!! Sounds like another great day. Thanks for sharing.

offwego
06-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Wow that's a whole lot done! Must have been uber good planning hard at work between that and the train and the lunch.

Night time swims (aside from chin scrapes) are so relaxing aren't they? One of my fave things to do at WDW.:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
06-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DisneyorBust
06-22-2010, 04:07 PM
What a way to start the day in the Magic Kingdom, you sure made the best of it. I started to think that the pool was agreat way to endthe evening, until I read about your son getting hurt. I expect he's all better by now.:D

Jennib
06-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Love MK...another great day

BluewaterBrad
07-01-2010, 12:21 PM
:thumbsup::mickey: