PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo - Special request??

DisneyMomx2
06-14-2010, 03:32 PM
My SIL and her family are planning to head down to WDW and be there for her husband's birthday. On one of our recent trips down as a group, her DH was chosen to be the Indian and we had a BLAST!! :) Do you think there is any way she could put a reuqest in without him knowing for him to be chosen for that part again? I'm sure they get special requests alot so I don't know if they would be able to honor it.

TIA!!

KAT1811
06-14-2010, 04:25 PM
I would think that you could request just about anything. I'm not sure if they would honor something like that. Every time I have been there it seemed like the performers picked players very randomly (once I got to play the can-can girl and I was holding my DD#3, 10 months on my lap at the time, my being picked was very unexpected). It is always worth a try but like everything else in Disney I bet they will tell you that they cannot guarantee anything just pass along the request. Good luck! I hope it all works out!

TheRustyScupper
06-15-2010, 11:50 AM
1) No special requests.
2) Almost EVERYONE has a "special" event at WDW.
3) It would be chaos if they tried to honor everyone.
4) Thus, they take no requests.
5) Just hope to be lucky.

NOTE: Since he was already chosen, shouldn't other people be given the chance?

DisneyMomx2
06-15-2010, 04:14 PM
RustyScupper:

I wasn't looking for negativity or criticism. Just thoughts on some possible fun my SIL wanted to have with her DH. If you are looking for someone who doesn't care about other people enjoying their celebrations or their chance to have fun, you are looking in the wrong place.

You can rest assured that my family and I try very hard not to be "those people" who don't care about others.

P.S. I realize almost everyone is "celebrating" something but if WDW didn't want to deal with that, they wouldn't make it such a big part of their draw.

BugeyedMuggy
06-16-2010, 09:51 AM
It was my DH 40th and I went to the counter at FW and requested they pick him to be in the show. They could not guarantee but I made several other attempts and he was chosen. Claire (in the show) asked my DH if he had an "in" because she was told she must pick him. So it can't hurt to ask many times. Good luck.

DisneyMomx2
06-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Thanks!! :)