PDA

View Full Version : Picnic in the Park @ AK-- MUST DO

AJ Springfield
06-14-2010, 01:02 PM
I forgot to post in my trip report how much we enjoyed the Picnic in the Park at Animal Kingdom!! They are only offering sandwiches (awhile ago they offered rotisserie chicken as well). For $35 (tax included) we received a meal for 4. It came in a reusable WDW bag-- four sandwiches (choices were turkey and cheese, tuna salad on flat bread, and chicken wrap), 4 bags of chips, 4 water bottles (16oz) and 4 desserts-- we chose 2 huge rice krispie treats and two huge (4 inches by 4 inches) frosted chocolate brownies. We just walked into the Beastly Bazaar and picked out the food from a refrigerated case, put them in the bag and went to the cashier. No waiting in the long CS lines and it was wonderful!! We had leftovers, even though we are a family of 5. The lunch for 4 was the biggest they offer although you could purchase additional lunches --if you have a family of 8 you could buy two lunches for 4 if you need to. We ate around the corner at the tables behind the Flame Tree BBQ-- although there are additional tables (picnic spots) around the park. I highly recommend this little talked about dining option!!!!

badkitty
06-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Wow! Sounds great. What is the reusable bag like?

azcavalier
06-14-2010, 01:21 PM
That is very different then the way it was introduced originally. Not just the menu, but how it was presented. Before, you had to go fill out a card with what you wanted and drop it off as you enter the park, and then you would go pick it up at a specified time. They had it already packed in the reuseable bag for you.

It's a great idea. I'm glad that instead of getting rid of it, they reintroduced it in a more money saving way (for Disney). My family loves it.

AJ Springfield
06-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Wow! Sounds great. What is the reusable bag like?

It is like any reusable bag that you would get at the grocery store-- dark green with a "Picnic in the Park- Walt Disney World" logo on it. The only place in the World to get it. After lunch we put our purchases in it (easier to carry) and used it several other times throughout the trip.

GreenB
06-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Thank you very much for your post.
It sounds like a very good choice. You really convinced me to do it!!
Regards.

kapeman
06-15-2010, 04:28 PM
We did it last Oct and loved it, but I wouldn't do it again if it is just the sandwiches.

TheVBs
06-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Sounds great! We'll definitely give this a try next time we're there. Thanks for sharing your experience! :mickey:

yjgirl32
06-15-2010, 07:36 PM
We too are going to try it in Oct- how many credits is it? Cs credits? Thanks for any input.

azcavalier
06-15-2010, 10:08 PM
It should be one QS credit. Well worth it.

Disneyglamour
06-16-2010, 09:54 AM
How FUN!! I've heard of this but never looked into it. And its cheap compared to eating in any of the restaurants. Do anyone know if this is seasonal or do they do it year round? I'm going in December and I'd love to add this to our itinerary!!

badkitty
06-17-2010, 05:54 PM
It is like any reusable bag that you would get at the grocery store-- dark green with a "Picnic in the Park- Walt Disney World" logo on it. The only place in the World to get it. After lunch we put our purchases in it (easier to carry) and used it several other times throughout the trip.

Cool! Thanks!