PDA

View Full Version : November Crowds

Airblue1
06-14-2010, 11:43 AM
If I am planning to go the week of Nov 20-27. How crowded are the parks the day before thanksgiving and thanksgiving?
Thanks

Also when are the Osborne lights and christmas decorations put up?

faline
06-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Parks are pretty crowded for Thanksgiving weekend - particularly the Magic Kingodm.

DisneyKim22
06-14-2010, 01:00 PM
My family is going the same week as you are. I've been warned to expect heavy crowds but not quite as heavy as the Christmas week. We typically go the week after Thanksgiving, so I'm a bit worried this time. Sadly, I'm not a patient person so I tend to go in off times. Since we're traving with my neice and nephews, we had to plan around school. It looks like the Osborn lights will be up by then, but we'll only have one day where the Candelight Processional is being presented. We'll also miss MVMCP. :(

For the most part we'll still see the Christmas decorations. Hopefully someone with Thanksgiving week experience will pop on and give us more info on what we can expect.

Strmchsr
06-14-2010, 01:05 PM
As Linda said, Thanksgiving week is quite crowded. Usually Monday and Tuesday aren't too bad, but Wednesday through Sunday things are pretty packed. You can still have a good time. Just expect the crowds, use fastpass, and enjoy yourself.

valerie923
06-15-2010, 01:53 AM
we went for our first trip the week of thanksgiving in 2008 and we didn't run into heavy crowds at all. we were pretty shocked and very pleased. HOWEVER, we did avoid MK on Thanksgiving, so I'm not sure what the crowd looked like there. The decorations were up and the castle was covered in lights as well when we got there.

mickeymousedabomb
06-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Hello! The last 2 times we've gone has been T-day week. We were amazed at how uncrowded WDW was! Wait times for rides were for the most part 10 min, I believe longest wait was 30 min for some rides. We loved that time of year to go because the 2 times before that was summer and it was soooo crowded hot and humid. I think we'll mainly stick with this month to go to WDW and take in all the Christmas spirit, weather, and less crowds!