PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Choose what to do!!!

forever a child
06-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Need opinions on some choices I am trying to make for our December trip! I seldom get shop for myself and we have never done any of the items I am listing...so I am trying to budget my $ on something that DD and I will really enjoy! Your input is welcomed! Thanks for always helping with great planning suggestions!:mickey:

disneycutie165
06-14-2010, 10:15 AM
I voted on the spa and manicure. That is somethign i would love to do at Disney but haven't done. But it also depends on your daughter- would your daughter enjoy doing something like that? But anyway, I voted for the manicure & spa:thumbsup:

Disney4us2
06-14-2010, 10:32 AM
I voted for none of the above.... shop instead. DD (10) would rather shop and buy things. She is getting into the more expensive things.. pin trading and wants to start the Vinylmation collecting/trading. If I had to budget, it would be for shopping. Maybe when she is older she would like a spa day or the MVMCP. Those would be my other choices.

forever a child
06-14-2010, 10:32 AM
I voted on the spa and manicure. That is somethign i would love to do at Disney but haven't done. But it also depends on your daughter- would your daughter enjoy doing something like that? But anyway, I voted for the manicure & spa:thumbsup:

I think my daughter would definitely enjoy it. She will be 16 by the time we go in December. And this probably would be the most expensive of our choices unless I were to have a splurge purchase shopping instead.

badkitty
06-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Love, love, love Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. It is so well done.

DisneyKim22
06-14-2010, 01:35 PM
If you're going to treat yourself, you might as well go all out. I got a pedicure at the GF spa a couple years ago. While it was by far the most expensive pedicure I ever got, it was worth the money for the fantastic foot massage alone!! Afterwards, I spent about a 1/2 hour in the woman's lounge sipping cold water, eating some fruit and enjoying the relaxing atmosphere and music before heading over to the MK. It was a most enjoyable morning!! I felt very spoiled!

tdk316
06-14-2010, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't bother with the spa, you can probably do that at home. I've been to the spas there and they are nice, but I've been to some nice ones at home also. I voted for MVMCP because you can't do that at home! :-)

DisneyPrincess21
06-14-2010, 03:17 PM
MVMCP is hands down my vote. This year will be my 3rd MVMCP in a row, and I couldn't imagine being at WDW in December and skipping the party. It really is worth the extra money for the low lines for rides, special holiday wishes, Mickey's once upon a Christmastime parade, and the holiday spirit you feel that only Disney can supply.

You will literaly walk right on to, Pirates Of The Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Philharmagic, with no wait. That right there is worth the price of admission in my book.

:santa3:

forever a child
06-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Oh, this is going to be harder than I thought! There are many good points being made. I wish I had unlimited time and funds, then I would just do all of my choices!:crazy:

Seasonscraps
06-14-2010, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't bother with the spa, you can probably do that at home. I've been to the spas there and they are nice, but I've been to some nice ones at home also. I voted for MVMCP because you can't do that at home! :-)

That's what I was thinking. I would do the party or the tour.

Enjoy your trip!!

Fastpasssteve
06-14-2010, 05:09 PM
When travelling, I try to do something that I can only do there. I would choose one of the tours or (even better) Mickey's Christmas Party! It is a wonderful time. Hot Chocolate & cookies on Main Street...and they make it snow there on Main Street! So cool. Special shows, parades...

This would be a great time together with your DD. Plus, this would be a great opportunity to use PhotoPass and get some great shots together in such a special place!

forever a child
06-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks everyone for such wonderful help. I think we have decided to do MVMCP and still try and budget for a small shopping spree. Still got to get the OK from DD that she would like MVMCP yet!;)