PDA

View Full Version : The Good The Bad and the Magical

Disney4us2
06-14-2010, 02:04 AM
Spent the day at Disneyland/DCA. It started out good. Went to our usual stops in the morning. After that we headed over to California Adventure. Hand stamps required for everyone. Had a split breakfast burrito at Village Hause. (Side note: Due to an upcoming SS Disability hearing in two weeks and other life matters. I am under a log of stress and it doesn't take much to make me pop lately.) I was just a tad irritable. By the time we got to DCA, I as hot and not the best mood. Went to the first showing of Aladdin.... AHHHHH it is now at 3:15 instead of 12:10. Went to ride Monsters Inc and then on to Toy Story Midway Mania. Jessica went on the Silly Swings and Mulholland Maddness. We both went to go on the Zephyr. Took the elevator up. When we got there.... the wind sensor went off and they closed it down.

Ok, by this time I was ready to eat. We wendt over to Whitewater snacks at the Grand California Hotel. Again hand stamps required for everyone. Had a nice relaxing lunch. Went to go back in the park. They are now asking for my room key... WHAT!!!!:thedolls: They said a recipt will be ok. I through my lunch recipt away. AHHHHH. I was not going to walk all the way around, so I went back to Whitewater snacks to get a Mickey pretzle. I told the cashier about what happened. He rung up the pretzle and I went to pay for it.... he said "that's ok" and gave us the pretzle and recipt. I thanked him over and over, told him he just made my day. To me is was worth spending the money just not to walk around to the front entrance.

So warning.... if you are at the Grand California hotel for lunch.... keep your recipt.

After lunch we went to see Aladdin, another great show. On the way back to DL we stopped at Greetings from California. They had a whole bunch of WOC merchandise. Got a couple of glow bracelets. While I was making my purchase... I noticed the Passholder only stuff.... I have sucker stamped on my forhead.:blush: So after a purchase of two t-shirts I was able to get the bonus purchase of a windbreaker. I also got something for free for AP's. Two pairs of (paper) holographic glasses, like the 3D ones. There were really fun and DD was wearing hers from then on, looking at all the colors. After a sping on BTMRR and HM we were on our way home... DD still has her last week of school.

So what started out kind of bad, turned into something magical and good. Gosh.... I love Disney:mickey:

pdrlkr
06-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon:

robnadina
06-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the report! Please post if you go this Saturday. I am curous how the crowds are and I keep trying to talk DH into going on a Saturday.
Have a great day

Disney4us2
06-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the report! Please post if you go this Saturday. I am curous how the crowds are and I keep trying to talk DH into going on a Saturday.
Have a great day

I will be there this Saturday. We have the picnic dinner for WOC. Can't wait to see how it is.

Last Saturday we were there as well.... fairly crowded but not packed.