PDA

View Full Version : How many of you plan the whole trip from A-Z without any input from other travellers?

DARDEVL'S SURPRISE
06-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Just wondering because...

My husband and sons 17 & 10 are extremeeeely laid back, and have a "whatever you want to do is fine" attitude...I ask and ask, but they are perfectly content to let me plan the dining, which park which day, etc...every once in awhile someone will say "hey, lets do this" but for the most part its all on me...(not that I mind:mickey:) because planning is so much fun!

Do any of you do it all solo too?

azcavalier
06-13-2010, 05:33 PM
My DW simply asks the kids and I which restaurants we want to go to, and then she does the rest. And no one seems to mind.

faline
06-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Whenever we are on a Disney trip, my husband wakes up in the morning and says "So where are we going today?" So, yes, I do all the planning. Occasionally, he'll tell me he wants to eat at a particular restaurant so I'll just weave that into my plans.

BluewaterBrad
06-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Yes, I do it all. My wife just goes along because she knows it will be amazing!!:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-13-2010, 06:12 PM
I do 90% of the planning. I take suggestions from DD and DH, but they generally just tell me to do what we've always done.

I create a spreadsheet of where we'll be each day, and which TS meals we have. Like Faline, my DH gets up and asks "what are we doing today?"

IrishMickey
06-13-2010, 07:50 PM
I do all the planning. I bounce ideas off my DH, but he does not want to get to involved, he made fun of me once, until we could not get some of our ADR's, now he just says where he want's to eat, and I do the rest. I even help out friends who want to go, they always joke that I should be a travel agent for Disney. I love to plan it out, we are going to Disneyland this summer and that is usually just a relaxed trip, but now with the new show "World of Color" we have to decide which show package to do :confused:, but that is just for one thing, the rest will be go with the flow:coaster:

PopPhan
06-13-2010, 09:14 PM
For the most part, I do all the planning. When it is just DW and I, I do ALL the planning. This trip we are going with her sister and B-I-L, but they still put it all on me. I ask for their input on dining, but basically do all the reservations myself.

Not that I mind!! LOL

As far as parks are concerned, it's pretty much whatever we feel good about for the day...or which bus shows up first!!

crltkcagle
06-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Thats pretty much how it works at our house too. LOL He tells me just plan it wherever you want to eat is fine. LOL

Whenever we are on a Disney trip, my husband wakes up in the morning and says "So where are we going today?" So, yes, I do all the planning. Occasionally, he'll tell me he wants to eat at a particular restaurant so I'll just weave that into my plans.

LVT
06-13-2010, 10:01 PM
I am the planner also for the 4 of us. I try to get some feedback, but I do most planning myself.
Sorry, I meant with your help.
THANK YOU ALL>

Love of Disney
06-13-2010, 10:45 PM
:cool:I do all of the planning for the family as they say that I know what is best.

magicalmom
06-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Largely, I do the planning (with many thanks to ALL OF YOU) Then, my nearest and dearest decide to sleep in, or ask how come I don't know how to stop and smell the roses >sigh<. Then they want to know where we're having dinner tonight. We're sort of conflicted, here. :mickey:

IrishMickey
06-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Largely, I do the planning (with many thanks to ALL OF YOU) Then, my nearest and dearest decide to sleep in, or ask how come I don't know how to stop and smell the roses >sigh<. Then they want to know where we're having dinner tonight. We're sort of conflicted, here. :mickey:
i get this too, my DH always says I need to relax and enjoy, but in the same sentence, it is "did you make ADR's here, are we going to be able to do this????" So I guess that is part of the fun:confused:? This trip we are going to Le Celliar, and my DH asked why? I said it is part of my planning fee:mickey:

Kathy Jetson
06-14-2010, 04:31 PM
I plan everything-the hotel,meals,which parks on what days. I just tell everyone where we are going that day and to hurry up and come on!

princessgirls
06-15-2010, 02:29 PM
I plan 98% of the trip!!!

I simply ask where everyone must eat during our week.

Planning is all part of the fun!!

Julie:mickey:

TheVBs
06-15-2010, 06:22 PM
I do most of the planning but I get DH's input on what his must-dos are, and where he'd like to eat.

4disneynuts
06-15-2010, 07:40 PM
I do all the planning at my house to. I actually make a card for each day with the park hours, parade/fireworks times, who had extra magic hours that day, any dining reservations we have with the confirmation number and then I laminate them and just throw that days card in my bag on our way out the door. My family just asks to see the card each day so they know exactly where we are going and eating. It works great!:cloud9:

KylesMom
06-16-2010, 09:44 AM
I would guess at my house it's 40/30/30 - with me as the 40%. While I usually start the planning calendar with a skeleton plan, both DH and DS are quick to see any potential conflicts that we may run into so that we can change them. They are also my menu reviewers - we like to try new places to eat, but they both have to agree there's "something" on the menu they'd like before we commit to an ADR. This really is a family-planned vacation for us, starting about 200 days out from arrival! :mickey:

cfoshe
06-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Unlike the rest of you, my DW does not want my input or help :thedolls::D. She really enjoys the planning side of the trips and they all have been just wonderful, even when she planned the trip with 18 family members with us.

She really wants to go to Disneyland in 2012. The will probly be our next Disney trip. So if any one has any suggesting on where to stay and how to get around please PM me.

Now back to the back seat and let DW's planning begain.
:cloud9:

AllDisney
06-16-2010, 03:55 PM
98%. I just ask my family where they want to eat. The rest is left to me:cloud9:

A Mouse Fan
06-16-2010, 04:02 PM
The first time my DH and I went together to WDW, I was busy planning and asking what he wanted to eat and he was like "let's just go and see what we feel like eating and doing when we get there." Well of course I knew better and planned everything without telling him and when we got there and he saw people being turned away from restuarants he told me "Ahh, now I get it!"
So now I just ask him what restaurants he wants to go to and I plan all the rest. We both prefer it that way and it works for us. I am in the middle of planning a family trip for 6 ppl ...now THAT is more of a challenge :secret:

Joannelet
06-16-2010, 04:16 PM
I do all the planning. I take who is going with me and I do something every single person enjoys :)
We had our family reunion there a couple of years back and I planned it all. We even had a meeting a couple of months beforehand where I went over everything with everyone ;) Had a Disney gathering with Disney related food and decorations :) Everyone got a disney folder with the itineraries. I went all out :)
Everyone had a great time :) I love planning :) it's in my blood :)

Darbylew
06-17-2010, 09:13 AM
I like to do a little planning but once we get
there we just go with the flow and do whatever.
I do like to get the park hours, magic morning
and evening hours before we go then I plan on
which parks we will go to which day. I love the
evening magic hours the best. We seem to
always go to Epcot on our first day. :thumbsup:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
OCTOBER!!! :D

jrkcr
06-17-2010, 10:39 AM
There has to be a plan.

I don't have to make the plan, I just have to know the plan. And it has to be a good plan. And for now, DH doesn't have the time or interest/obsession to know and plan it all out in detail like I do. So the planning is left to me. :thumbsup:

And we do have very different vacation styles. He constantly reminds me that this is a vacation, not a forced march....:drill:

Other than the pace, he is always happy with my plan.

Kim Possible
06-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Whenever I go with my fam, I always HAVE to plan out everthing. Yes I will ask what restaurants they wanna go to, but I always make sure I plan to see all the stuff I want (they matter too, just not as must as me :P lol, jk). :D