PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Mouse dog tag

mattandmandy
06-13-2010, 10:54 AM
For our next trip I want to order dog tags for my kids to wear in case they were to get lost. I know I have seen Mickey Mouse shaped dog tags before but can't remember wear. Has anyone seen a machine at any particular store that I can check? I know Walmart has a machine but I don't think they have the Mickey Mouse shape there. ??

The Flying Dutchman
06-13-2010, 10:56 AM
I know that Petsmart used to have these, but I have not checked in the past year.

mgmnut
06-13-2010, 11:29 AM
These Dog tags are not shaped like Disney Characters, but they do have dog tags with Mickey Mouse on them.

[link removed]

mgmnut
06-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Sorry, looking closer at this site you can not have personal information put on the etched Mickey Mouse Tag. They do have a set that they will do an etched tag (Mickey Mouse) plus a tag with personal information, rubber silencers (so they don't clang and make noise) and chains for 11.99. They call it The Ultimate Tag Set. Hopefully this is helpful. It is also buy 2 get 1 free for the Ultimate set

LuvsTigger80
06-13-2010, 12:19 PM
I got a bone shaped Mickey Mouse dog tag at Walmart. That was in Febuary. Also I know that they have dog tags at Disneyworld. I got my son's at DHS with buzz and the gang. They are however a little more expensive than the walmart ones!!:mickey:

akaDisneyDreamer
06-13-2010, 12:50 PM
I bought my three dogs have bone shaped tags with Mickey Mouse on them from the machine at Walmart about a month ago. Really cute! Our Walmart still has them.

LauraByTheSea
06-16-2010, 06:51 PM
I've never seen them in any of the machines I've used - Walmart, Pet Supermarket, Petco - but I did get a Mickey head one in Epcot once. It was in the Land pavillion. It's actually on my keychain now because we got rid of our home phone number, which is on it...

CU Tiger
06-17-2010, 12:53 PM
I know I have seen the Mickey head tags around DW, but I have not seen them anywhere else. If I remember correctly, I think I some some at downtown Disney. :mickey:

limegreenmonorail
06-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Have you thought of using SafetyTats? They seem ingenious for keeping your contact info on your kid! They don't have Disney designs, I don't think, but they do have other cute ones (like a dinosaur would be neat for days you go to Animal Kingdom, etc.). Google "SafetyTat" to see their designs. You could always just buy some Disney stick-on tattoos (I found some cool Toy Story ones in the $1 bins at Target the other day!) and stick them on next to the SafetyTat to Disney it up a little. :mickey:

doombuggy
06-17-2010, 01:31 PM
If I remember correctly, I think I some some at downtown Disney. :mickey:

I know there used to be 2 machines at Disney Tails, but now that it's a different shop, I haven't noticed if they are in there. The shop is attached to Pooh Corner, at Downtown Disney in Walt Disney World.

steamboat52
06-17-2010, 02:19 PM
There was a machine outside of Soarin' when I was at Epcot in April. It made MM shaped and colored dog tags. They were $10. At the time that seemed like too much for a dog tag but now I'm kicking myself for not getting it. You can personalize it with dog info, address, etc on that machine.

This machine was upstairs from Soarin' (on the entry level) near the down escalator. I'm sorry I don't remember the name of that building.

eeyorepoohfan
06-17-2010, 05:26 PM
:mickey:If anyone is at WDW soon, let me know if you happen to see the machines! I would love to get a Disney dog tag for our dog! Our Walmart and Petsmart do not have Disney tags :( My DH and I are trying to plan a trip for December and would love to pick one up then! Thanks! :thumbsup:

plutosnana
06-17-2010, 07:31 PM
They have one near the Transportation and Ticket Center, if I remember right. I'm pretty sure it's there, I got one for my dog, Dutches! :puppy:

mattandmandy
06-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Have you thought of using SafetyTats? They seem ingenious for keeping your contact info on your kid! They don't have Disney designs, I don't think, but they do have other cute ones (like a dinosaur would be neat for days you go to Animal Kingdom, etc.). Google "SafetyTat" to see their designs. You could always just buy some Disney stick-on tattoos (I found some cool Toy Story ones in the $1 bins at Target the other day!) and stick them on next to the SafetyTat to Disney it up a little. :mickey:

Yes, i looked into SafetyTat and love your idea about adding a Toy Story one next to it! I will try Target. Thanks!!

Thanks for all your replies...the more and more I think about it, I'm sure the mickey shaped tag I remember seeing was probably at WDW...of course it would be. Maybe I'll order safetytats or just make a tag when I get there. :mickey:

TheVBs
06-18-2010, 08:59 AM
The only machine I've ever seen with a Mickey shaped tag was in DTD at Once Upon a Toy.

MinniesMom
06-21-2010, 12:35 AM
We got one for a dog at "Once Upon a Toy." There were two machines there from what I recall. Why not wait until you get down there and make that your first stop. Ours was a heart shape with tinkerbell on the front that said "Walt Disney World." Great idea though. I think that I'm going to get them for kids (at DTD) when we go.

ChipDale2708
06-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Seems to me we got a Mickey head shaped id for each of our cats at Mission Space last fall. I was just as you exited the mission control room and headed into the gift shop.

Rosemickey68
07-14-2010, 01:25 PM
My DH got a mickey mouse head shaped tag for our dog last year inside the Seas with Nemo & Friends Pavillion. It was a machine near the exit right across from a gift shop. If I remember correctly we saw it when we were coming off of the ride. They had several Disney shapes, I just can't remember all of them.

Darbylew
07-15-2010, 10:01 AM
We have had ours for a long time but I think I
bought it at World of DIsney at DTD. They have
about everything there. :thumbsup:

DizNee143
07-15-2010, 01:47 PM
i get my dog a new one every time we go..all times i have bought at the store tails in dtd..even though its not that store anymore the machine thing is still there by the door..of which when i was there in sept was a winnie the pooh store..
just keep an eye open for them..they seem to put them in corners of some random stores..

iheartdisney
07-17-2010, 10:27 AM
For those of you that have used either the safety tats or dog tags - what age child are we talking about? I'm going to WDW with my boys (ages 6 and 7) for the first time as a "single mom" (my husband is tired of WDW and doesn't want to go. I know, crazy! Right?) My 7-yr-old avoids anything that makes him feel like a baby - but I want the added security in case we somehow get separated. What do you recommend?

iheartdisney
10-18-2010, 05:22 PM
*Bump*

Hoping someone has any suggestions for an "older" child.

Thanks!

mattandmandy
10-27-2010, 08:40 PM
For those of you that have used either the safety tats or dog tags - what age child are we talking about? I'm going to WDW with my boys (ages 6 and 7) for the first time as a "single mom" (my husband is tired of WDW and doesn't want to go. I know, crazy! Right?) My 7-yr-old avoids anything that makes him feel like a baby - but I want the added security in case we somehow get separated. What do you recommend?

I think we are going to order the wrist bands but I know there were also kind that attach to shoes so they aren't so obvious. Our trip is coming up and we need to make a decision soon on what we are going to use. This will be our third trip with our now 4 and 5 year old. We have been lucky so far but don't want to take any chances this year.

Bethanymouse
11-11-2010, 05:14 PM
I get them every visist. Usually in the MK, right in the fire hall. There is a machine there. But i must tell you, I have been disappointed the last few years. The mickey mouse wears off in no time at all.

drhama
11-11-2010, 08:36 PM
I got mine at Fred Meyer (a grocery/department store in Oregon) a few months ago.