PDA

View Full Version : Tiny baby a 5th person?

disneynarula
06-12-2010, 08:24 AM
Does a three month old baby really count as a 5th person?

DisneyWFan
06-12-2010, 09:21 AM
At a restaurant yes in a hotel room no.

Pirate Granny
06-12-2010, 10:59 AM
A baby regardless of the age, is considered the fifth person...all resorts list that one child under the age of three in a pack-n-play (or even if you bring your own bedding) is allowed over the four person limit. They even count them in restaurants if you hold them vs putting them in a seat of some sort...
:pirate:

Tink1
06-12-2010, 11:32 AM
For a Disney Cruise any person, no matter the size or age, is included in the counts for the lifeboat. Therefor they are included in the count for the cabin. Young babies (<1) are not charged full fare but only pay the port taxes.

Nanc

disneynarula
06-15-2010, 02:20 AM
Does anybody have experiences with taking a cruise with a family of five? What do we do stateroom wise?

Tinkermom
06-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Does anybody have experiences with taking a cruise with a family of five? What do we do stateroom wise?

We are a family of 5 and have cruise twice. I do not know the ages of your kids but here is what we did,

1st cruise we got a Category 4 stateroom which sleeps five. Our kids were 6, 11, & 13. This cabin has a verandah and is a bit larger than the other verandah cabins. There is a queen bed, a sofa that turns into a bed, a bed that pulls down from the ceiling and a murphy bed that pulls out from the wall (4 beds total). This was great for our first cruise.

Our 2nd cruise our kids were 8 (almost 9), 13, and 15. We got two cabins directly across the hall from one another. One was an inside stateroom (Cat 11), and the other was a verandah stateroom (Cat 6). We had planned that our 2 teen boys would sleep in the Cat 11 and 8 year old DD would sleep in our room but DD wanted to be in the "kids" room. This ended up working out great and we will do this setup again on our cruise next summer!

disneynarula
06-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Our kids are small. Our DD is four months. DSs are 6 and 4.

We live in Europe temporarily and never considered taking a cruise before. Travel here is so expensive that taking a cruis is sometimes cheaper than visiting the individual cities. You also never know what you are going to get when you book a European hotel.

Considering that the food and lodging is all included plus you don't have to pack and unpack at each city you visit we thought a cruise would be a better option. If we do a Disney cruiuse we can also use Disney Visa points and the no interest option to pay for it.

disneynarula
06-16-2010, 09:58 AM
I just went to the Disney Cruiseline website and could not find a cruise for less that $15,000 even though the website says it starts at $999 a person. That just seems like a crazy amount of money. We could go to Disney for two weeks for half that and buy airline tickets too. I think my kids would like that better.

Mickey'sGirl
06-16-2010, 10:04 AM
I just went to the Disney Cruiseline website and could not find a cruise for less that $15,000 even though the website says it starts at $999 a person. That just seems like a crazy amount of money. We could go to Disney for two weeks for half that and buy airline tickets too. I think my kids would like that better.
That's a ridiculous amount of money!! What about another tour operator (like Carnival or the like) From what we have seen around the web, their cruises are considerably less expensive. I figure one goes cruising for the ease of cruising (food, travel between locations etc) ... I can't see paying such a huge premium just because it is a Disney Cruise! Have fun whatever you decide!

TammiMcMan
06-16-2010, 12:59 PM
I just went to the Disney Cruiseline website and could not find a cruise for less that $15,000 even though the website says it starts at $999 a person. That just seems like a crazy amount of money. We could go to Disney for two weeks for half that and buy airline tickets too. I think my kids would like that better.The $999 (plus taxes & port fees) is for a category 12, 10 night cruise sailing on 8/18 or 9/8. Unfortunately, the baby does count towards room occupancy, so the cruise site is moving you all the way up to a category 4 stateroom (much more expensive).

What you want to do, is book 2 connecting category 12 staterooms. The total would then be about $4,800 (for the special dates). I suggest that you contact Magical Journeys (their link is on the left hand side of this page). They can help you figure out how to get the most savings on your trip. It definitely can be done for less than $15,000 :thumbsup:.

Tink1
06-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Only problem is, none of the Cat 12's connect. Cat 12 usually is in a GTY status and they will NEVER guarantee a connecting stateroom.

The lowest Category that connects is Cat 10 on the Magic and Wonder.

Nanc

TammiMcMan
06-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Thanks Nanc (see, Disney experts :thumbsup:).

disneynarula
06-17-2010, 02:06 AM
That is what I was told too. Maybe I can just stick all the kids in their own stateroom and then DH and I can get one on the other end of the ship? LOL!

disneynarula
06-17-2010, 02:10 AM
I think we are just going to come back to the states and do a three day cruise and then a week at Disney. It is less expensive that way. I was working with MJ. They are fantastic. I would never book a Disney trip without them. I even tried to use them for our DLP trip but Terrisue was nice enough to let me know that in the case of DLP that they are not able to get the best prices.