PDA

View Full Version : When to Go????

ozmom
06-11-2010, 06:06 PM
We will be going for our first trip next year as DVC members. I have only been once before to WDW 6 years ago and my boyfriend went approximately 30 years ago.

We are looking for suggestions for a good time of the year to go, our children are grown so it will be just the two of us on this trip. We will not go in the summer (too hot) and unfortunately next year due to work issues will not be able to go in the fall.

So looking at basically the first 5 months of next year, what would be your preference of when to go?

After that decision we will also need to see where we might want to stay. We are hoping that we will be there during a slower time.

Thank you for any input. :mickey:

PharmD
06-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Congratulations I'm sure you'll have a great time. :party: Look here on intercot at http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/whentovisit.asp. January is a great time to go. My birthday is in January and we have been a couple of times and loved it. Hardly any crowds, most rides were walk on's with the popular rides having waits of about 15-20 mins. It can be a little chilly but while we were there it was in the mid-high 60's during the day and in the lower 40's in the evening.

faline
06-11-2010, 06:29 PM
If you don't like heat and can only go in the first five months of the year, I'd also suggest going in January or very early February. After that, you begin to get into the busy spring break season which lasts all the way through Easter. And, because Easter will be late next year, you'll practically be in May before things settle down and, by then, the heat and humidity is beginning to work in.

eeyorepoohfan
06-11-2010, 07:29 PM
I see you saw that fall is out due to work. How about an early/mid December trip? That's when my DH and I went last year and it was great! I loved the Christmas decorations and festivities! :cloud9:In fact, we are looking to go again this December! The crowds were very mild for us. Most rides were 5-15 minute waits. Some of the big attractions did get 30-45 minute waits, but that was usually around the afternoon time and later. I don't think I could imagine going at a non-Christmas decorated time again! :thumbsup: :santa3:

LVT
06-13-2010, 10:20 PM
I try for April or May; a good 2 weeks away from Spring Breaks or Easter. The weather starts warming in late March and get wet and muggy in late May.
I hope the Magic finds you then.

homeschool mom
06-14-2010, 08:08 AM
After being in WDW just 3 weeks ago during a very warm and humid May, we have decided our favorite months to visit are March, April, and Dec. Since Dec. is not an option for you, I would recommend March or April. We love Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot and it takes place during part of March and all of April so I would highly recommend planning on being there at that time.

ANG
06-14-2010, 09:06 AM
I've always wanted to go in February

ozmom
06-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks everyone for the input, it's very much appreciated. After much discussion over the weekend using the input received here, we are going to try for 2nd week of January. We are hoping that we will be able to book both AKL Kidani and OKW. Hopefully due to it being a slower time of the year we won't have any problems booking these locations. I also loved the idea of December but we have decided that we would go to our home resort in either November or December so that we can take our grandkids as they are still a bit young to travel to Florida without mom. When they get a bit older I'm sure we will take them to Florida with us for a trip or two. :mickey: