PDA

View Full Version : Boxes as Checked Luggage (related to Magic Express)

Disney_Barbie
06-11-2010, 10:35 AM
I am mad at myself for not thinking of this before. But because I just now thought of it, I do want to make sure I cover all my bases & make sure it's all A-OK.
In the past, I've always shipped a box to our resort, which generally always runs me about $25+ and I never end up filling to my desire (or else it would REALLY cost a lot to ship) Anyway I just now realized that in lue of mailing it to my resort (and paying to mail on top of paying the package handleing fee @ the Beach Club) I could pack up the box & just pay the 2nd bag fee ($30 on our airline) on our way down!
I just varifed w/ the airline & they allow boxes to be considered checked luggage on domestic flights. I happen to have an extra magic express tag, the only flaw in my plan is I want to varify that as long as I put a M.E. sticker on the box that M.E. will be able to tranfer it for me... I don't see why they wouldnt' if the ariline is willing to call it checked luggage, why wouldn't M.E. But I did just want to get varification if anyone knows. THANKS!

faline
06-11-2010, 10:46 AM
You can always call and ask but I don't see why it would be treated any differently than the rest of your luggae.

(407) 939-6244

Ed
06-11-2010, 01:48 PM
I see tons of DME baggage every day at MCO, and it includes every imaginable size and shape from a lunch box to huge stuffed animals.

DME will definitely handle a cardboard box the same as a suitcase. :thumbsup:

Disney_Barbie
06-11-2010, 01:51 PM
DME will definitely handle a cardboard box the same as a suitcase. :thumbsup:

I assumed as much, but I always like to double check w/ the experts. THANKS!

CleveRocks
06-11-2010, 07:26 PM
DME's policy is that they will transport anything that has been checked with the airline.