PDA

View Full Version : We went again in May and it was DRY trip report day 8

luvDaMouse
06-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Cast me Dana and DH Tom
Saturday 5/29
We woke up this morning and instead of poptarts we went to the Bakery my dh got a parfait and I had a muffin and orange juice. This is our last day sitting out on the boardwalk in the morning. It is so sad when a vacation comes to an end. Its not like I don’t look forward to going home I do, but I really enjoy not having any responsibilities when we are here. When I get home I always play the lottery every day so I could take a vacation any time I want to:). Sorry I am somewhat out of order here, first we gathered our bags and did our airline check in. This is my first experience with this because we fly Southwest and they just started the program. How nice it is not to have to lug our bags through the airport anymore! It was easy as can be, I am so happy they finally started including Southwest. After checking out and checking our bags THEN we had breakfast. OH I forgot something, just an FYI if anyone who uses Southwest and doesn’t do the early bird check in, we checked in 24 hours before just like normal and I thought I would have to print my boarding passes at the airport (which I had to do last year) I was pleasantly surprised to find printed boarding passes in our ME envelope!Nice. We were picked up promptly at 10:30 and on our way to MCO for our flight home. We had a minor delay on the runway because of a thunderstorm (first one of the week) after about 15mins we took off, had an uneventful flight and my daughter picked us up. The house was in one piece when we got home and our yellow lab was beyond excited to see us!

We learned some things on this trip that will change the way we vacation from now on. We really liked the relaxing part of the Poly and our first couple of days. We will do this again, maybe not at the Poly (I do hope to stay again though) but what ever resort we stay in we will have down time.

We spent way too much money on food! Being DVC members we will be booking a 1br mostly from now on to take advantage of the kitchen and washer and dryer. I will either get a grocery delivery or make arrangements to go to a grocery store. We had a couple of good meals which we will still do.(Kona definitely) but we will cook more in the villa. I said at one time I will never cook when I am on vacation but to be able to do 2 trips a year I will make an exception! When we got home I took advantage of the incentives and added on points to be able to get larger accommodations.

I promise to stay out of the gift shops, I promise to stay out of the gift shops, I promise to stay out of the gift shops, I promise to stay out of the gift shops…..enough said. :blush:

The annual pass worked out well for us this year because we have two trips scheduled. We will take advantage of the DVC discount and renew.

We had a great trip and I am looking forward to our next one in December, but I am not rushing that one as I want to enjoy our summer. My dh and I decided that we like the warm weather and want to move south (maybe 5 years or so) Maybe Florida or South Carolina. We joked when we were in the parks if we ever moved to Florida he would be a photopass photographer and I would work the front desk in the Poly.Not in a park I don’t want to spoil the magic ;)

That was our trip, I am sure I have left out some stuff but its hard when you don’t write live reports everyday when its fresh in your mind. I would like to do a live trip report someday, maybe for my Dec trip I will try.

Thank you for reading and thank you for all your comments! :wave:
Dana:mickey:

faline
06-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks for your wonderful trip reports! I really loved your very relaxed trip!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks for sharing! I'm so glad you had a good (and dry) trip :thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
06-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Great trip Dana!
I love the relaxing at the resort part of the trip as much as the parks.
Isn't it great knowing you have another trip to look forward to? That certainly helps!
Thanks!

DizNee143
06-11-2010, 11:27 AM
glad you guys had a nice and easy last few hours in disney and a nice travel day back home!

thanx for sharing your trip with us! i enjoyed reading all about it...:mickey:

VWL Mom
06-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip, I enjoyed reading your reports.

DisneyorBust
06-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. It made my wait for our upcoming trip a bit more bearable!

pdrlkr
06-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the great Reports! :mickey2:

wildernesslady
06-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the great reports. You certainly had a good time.

KylesMom
06-14-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm sorry to see your trip come to an end, Dana. Each day truly seemed like "vacation", and it was really enjoyable to read about your escapades. Thanks for taking the time to share everything with us! :mickey:

princessgirls
06-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Dana,

A great trip! Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

#1disneyfan
06-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks again for sharing your great reports. You had a great relaxing WDW trip. I need to take your lead and make our trip a little more relaxing. All we do is go, go, go! This year we do plan to hit the pool and resort for a little R&R. Especially since our DD doesn't do wonderfully in the heat.

Can't wait for the December reports!

JWB3
06-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks for a wonderful trip report - I especially liked your tips on taking some downtime at the resort. My DW and I will be celebrating our 27th anniversary at WDW/POR in October - 100 days and counting - and will be sure to try out some of your strategies.