PDA

View Full Version : Shipping and Receiving Handling Fee at CBR?

BrownEyedGrrl
06-10-2010, 05:32 PM
I just read that CBR is a "convention resort", so any shipments received carry a handling fee. DH is planning to Fed Ex his golf clubs in lieu of paying to check them on the plane. Does anyone know how much the handling charge is?

#1donaldfan
06-10-2010, 06:00 PM
I've never heard of this...I sure hope not, and if so, not at POR, I'm gonna put a box in the mail for our arrival next week ?? !! Someone should be along in a second to let us know for sure....:confused:

BrownEyedGrrl
06-10-2010, 06:42 PM
I read it on another fan site, and it was the first I'd heard of it as well. The poster said that it was just for WDW resorts that are considered "convention resorts", and that CSR and CBR were considered that. So, if it does apply, maybe not to POR?

forever a child
06-10-2010, 08:28 PM
The charges only apply to FedEx and UPS. I believe it is $10 per package. If you ship USPS I do not believe that there is a charge. Why? I can not answer that...but that Is what I read. Hopefully someone can verify that.

Pirate Granny
06-10-2010, 10:04 PM
I would call CBR and ask...I don't think they are considered a convention center...I know CSR is...

Wouldn't it cost more to ship the golf clubs then pay the $25 luggage fee? Is UPS really thata cheap?

:pirate:

Fastpasssteve
06-11-2010, 02:19 AM
Just call CBR directly: 407-934-3400

There is someone at the desk 24 hours a day...but I wouldn't call during midday and afternoon...that's when they're really backed up with incoming guests. I would call in the evening when most people are at dinner.

Disney_Barbie
06-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Wouldn't it cost more to ship the golf clubs then pay the $25 luggage fee? :pirate:

I don't think to O.P. Said (not that I noticed at least) but this would not necessarily be a $25 Second bag fee, maybe they already have 2 checked bags, and these golf clubs might be their "third checked item". The 3rd bag fee is often $75+, in which case, yes, shipping might prove way cheaper. (all though I have no idea, I've never attempted to ship golf clubs, thus haven't the foggiest what that would run you)
Just a thought

forever a child
06-11-2010, 12:47 PM
I just read that CBR is a "convention resort", so any shipments received carry a handling fee. DH is planning to Fed Ex his golf clubs in lieu of paying to check them on the plane. Does anyone know how much the handling charge is?

CBR is not a convention resort. CSR is a convention resort and thus they do charge the fees. I shipped a package to POP in May and there were no fees charges when I picked up my package there. Deluxe resorts may be different.

DisneyorBust
06-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Contemplating shipping a box also. Does anyone know if the Poly charges to receive a package? Curious....

BrownEyedGrrl
06-11-2010, 03:56 PM
I would call CBR and ask...I don't think they are considered a convention center...I know CSR is...

Wouldn't it cost more to ship the golf clubs then pay the $25 luggage fee? Is UPS really thata cheap?

:pirate:

Even if his golf clubs fell into the lightest weight category, it would cost us about $100 roundtrip, to add them to our checked luggage. Whereas FedEx is less than $40 to ship there and back home again, total.

BrownEyedGrrl
06-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Just call CBR directly: 407-934-3400

There is someone at the desk 24 hours a day...but I wouldn't call during midday and afternoon...that's when they're really backed up with incoming guests. I would call in the evening when most people are at dinner.

Thanks for the number! I called, and there is NO handling fee for the CBR. She also advised us to ship it so that it arrives no earlier than one week before we arrive, to ship it in our name in c/o the CBR, and to put our arrival date on the package for their sorting and storing purposes. :)

JWB3
06-17-2010, 03:54 PM
I was thinking about shipping 2-3 of those 750ml paper/plastic "bottles" of wine :wine: along with assorted snacks, granola bars, etc., ahead to POR for our trip in early Oct. Has anyone ever done this? I planned to send it UPS ground and allow 7 -10 days but wasn't sure if there was any restriction about shipping liquids.
Thanks for any advice!

forever a child
06-17-2010, 05:22 PM
I was thinking about shipping 2-3 of those 750ml paper/plastic "bottles" of wine :wine: along with assorted snacks, granola bars, etc., ahead to POR for our trip in early Oct. Has anyone ever done this? I planned to send it UPS ground and allow 7 -10 days but wasn't sure if there was any restriction about shipping liquids.
Thanks for any advice!

I shipped 42 pounds of liquids for our May trip!:D We used FedEx Ground and had no problems. Nothing was leaking when we got there at the resort to pick it up! You wont have any problems.:thumbsup:

alaMode
06-17-2010, 09:42 PM
and paid $3.00 per package when I picked them up.

I typically ship a box or two when we go to WDW and this was the first time I've ever had to pay for the service.

We've stayed at the Poly and at POP and I never paid extra.

JWB3
06-18-2010, 11:35 AM
I shipped 42 pounds of liquids for our May trip!:D We used FedEx Ground and had no problems. Nothing was leaking when we got there at the resort to pick it up! You wont have any problems.:thumbsup:

Excellent! Thanks very much for the info!