PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace Menu

Figment52
06-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Does anyone know what is on the menu for breakfast at the Crystal Palace? Everywhere I've looked has a generic "traditional breakfast offerings" or whatever. Just curious.

VWL Mom
06-10-2010, 04:59 PM
I remember seeing eggs, sausage, bacon, home fries, pancakes, great fruit selection (melons, strawberries, etc), a hot and cold cereal station with toppings, danish, and my favorite winnie-the-pooh lasagna which was similar to a bread pudding with fruit only more decadent. There probably was more but that's all I could remember.

retiredfigment
06-10-2010, 05:32 PM
I love CP for breakfast. In addition to what was in the previous post: lots of fruit, made to order omelettes, corn beef hash, french toast and my all time favorite Breakfast Lasagna!! The kids station has Mickey waffles, too. You can check out menus under the info central tag.

Jared
06-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Everywhere I've looked has a generic "traditional breakfast offerings" or whatever.
The online menus do not provide more information because how else to describe what's on the breakfast buffet at Crystal Palace? It serves basic and traditional breakfast fare, including omelets, meat, cheesy potatoes and Mickey waffles. The aforementioned breakfast lasagna is the one unique item I remember. It consists of pancakes, waffles, custard, pound cake and fruit layered together.

snowwhite1970
06-10-2010, 07:33 PM
It consists of pancakes, waffles, custard, pound cake and fruit layered together.[/QUOTE]

Yummmmmm!!!!!:blush:

Genie1953
06-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Crystal Palace was by far our favorite breakfast buffet. They had cheesy potatoes, omelets, eggs of various styles, the usual breakfast meats. I absolutely loved the fresh fruit bar.....blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, water melon, honeydew, and cantaloupe. There were either waffles or pancakes and there may even have been both. I just cannot say enough good things about that breakfast and like I said it was our favorite.....we also ate breakfast buffets at 1900 Park Fare, Cape May, and Chef Mickeys...but we liked Crystal Palace best.

Figment52
06-11-2010, 09:34 AM
The online menus do not provide more information because how else to describe what's on the breakfast buffet at Crystal Palace?

By listing exactly whats on it. I realize it isn't going to be anything super fancy, and more than likely a breakfast buffet will be waffles, eggs, and sausage, but I would like to know before I make a reservation. Just knowing about all those fresh fruit options actually made a difference for us.

BTW, we have an 8:05 ADR. MK doesn't open until 9am that day. Are the busses reliable at 7-ish? We're travelling from POFQ.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Yes, you'll be fine getting the bus from POFQ. We've had a number of 8:05am ADR's at Crystal Palace and CRT, and have always been just fine getting there.

I would get to the bus stop around 7:00am, and then enjoy walking into an (almost) empty MK.

csdavis
06-11-2010, 10:15 AM
What's better at CP- breakfast or lunch? Is there a time that intersects both? My husband favors breakfast while I favor lunch!

Figment52
06-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Yes, you'll be fine getting the bus from POFQ. We've had a number of 8:05am ADR's at Crystal Palace and CRT, and have always been just fine getting there.

I would get to the bus stop around 7:00am, and then enjoy walking into an (almost) empty MK.

Great! Thanks everyone:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
06-11-2010, 11:13 AM
What's for breakfast? Just the best dang French Toast I've ever sank a fang into!!!:eat: It may not be for everyone as it is very sweet and I never have more than one piece as I don't want to go into a coma from the sugar rush, but golly that stuff is tasty. You will find it in the kids section of the buffet.

Belle_0717
06-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Love the breakfast lasagna. Didn't realize all that it contained which is probably better that I didn't know. It's vacation - forget about healthy eating LOL!

We are going to lunch in October with the family - all 9 of us. Dinner was okay - hoping lunch is better.

DisneyorBust
06-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Can't add any more info, but going to Crystal Palace for breakfast (before park opening) is great! Good food and time to take some photos of a near empty Magic Kingdom!

Jared
06-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Love the breakfast lasagna. Didn't realize all that it contained which is probably better that I didn't know. It's vacation - forget about healthy eating LOL!
I looked at a recipe before making my last post in this thread. I think it permanently scared me away from eating that stuff. Good think we all walk 10 miles a day in the parks, because a slice of that lasagna may contain a day's worth of calories.

moe513
06-18-2010, 10:45 PM
winnie the pooh lasagne is the best.:)

HackLaSalle
06-18-2010, 10:56 PM
What's for breakfast? Just the best dang French Toast I've ever sank a fang into!!!:eat: It may not be for everyone as it is very sweet and I never have more than one piece as I don't want to go into a coma from the sugar rush, but golly that stuff is tasty. You will find it in the kids section of the buffet.

I was wondering why more people didn't mention this!!! The Pooh Toast is out of this world! It's like... I have no idea how to describe it. French Toast on steroids maybe?