PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Photo Pass Pics!

wdwluv
06-10-2010, 10:47 AM
We only did 2 park days - so we didn't have nearly as many as our last trip which was our first family trip.

I read someone else complaining just a few weeks ago - got ours in the mail yesterday - and 1/2 to 3/4 are BLURRY!!!

We specifically didn't bring our good camera because our last batch of pics were so great we knew Photopass would be at all the goods spots to get our pics! Fortunately we paid $99 not $149 - but it was worth maybe, MAYBE $20!!! I am a picture-holic and this was my 40th birthday celebration! I'm so heartbroken and FRUSTRATED!!!

Went to the website to complain and it is down!

Figment52
06-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Were they blurry when you looked at them online? If not, maybe something is wrong with the CD.

DizneyRox
06-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Were they blurry when you looked at them online? If not, maybe something is wrong with the CD.
Blurry photos are a function of the camera equipment/operator, not the storage medium.

I suspect the new batch of "photographers" aren't all that qualified to be taking photos. So far I've seen complaints about blurry photos, cropped heads, not enough zoom, etc. They all seem to point to operator error. With Disney gearing up for the summer crowds (hiring anyone with a pulse in the Orlando area) this makes perfect sense.

Figment52
06-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Blurry photos are a function of the camera equipment/operator, not the storage medium.

I just thought maybe it was a damaged CD since I didn't think anyone would order photos they thought to be subpar.:shrug:

ginger19
06-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Ours are awful from our last trip. I mean awful! I could not believe how badly they were centered, zoomed, and lit nevermind that some were actually blurry.
I will take my own camera next time for sure.

Michelle15
06-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Is everyone ordering the CD before they purchase it? Or are you ordering it first? I am confused because when we went last year I viewed the pictures and chose the ones I wanted before I ordered the CD.

tinkerbelle75
06-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Our pics from Jan/ Feb. of this year were so bad that I didn't order the CD either. I would rather order them after I see them for $149 than order them blind and pay $99. They were blurry, off center, and some even had red eye! I can do better than that with my Canon!

crltkcagle
06-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Can I get an AMEN SISTA!!! LOL Thank you! I was the one that posted photopass stinks and got alot of negative feedback about it.
I did prepay for our cd. I was told I could ask for a refund but that would mean I couldn't get any of the pictures.
I would love to share some with you guys. How do I do it? Add a link to them and then you can view them? I really want everyone to see how bad photopass photographers have gotten!

DizneyRox
06-10-2010, 07:06 PM
I really want everyone to see how bad photopass photographers have gotten!
I'm not doubting you.. I think it's acceptable to post links to photo albums... Pick one...

Figment52
06-10-2010, 09:42 PM
I did prepay for our cd. I was told I could ask for a refund but that would mean I couldn't get any of the pictures.

I just wrote yesterday and asked about a refund if we buy the pre-order and changed our minds later. Nothing was mentioned that I wouldn't be able to buy any of the photos individually. I'm not doubting you at all, but if that's the case I guess they've made up my mind about it. I'll take my chances with buying individual prints AFTER my vacation.

wdwluv
06-11-2010, 09:06 AM
You can't view them full size on the website - they looked fine to me on there. Only once I got them home and could see them full size did they look blurry. So I'm thinkin' I can't get a refund at this point. Though I will still gripe to them! I counted on them for good pics - and now my trip is over and I can't get it back and take them myself, obviously. :-(

Now I'm just not sure what to do for future trips. I really couldn't see that they were blurry on the website.

Figment52
06-11-2010, 09:13 AM
You can't view them full size on the website - they looked fine to me on there.

That's another change, then. I remember you could see at least the 4x6 or 5x7 size online in 2008. I'm getting more and more leery of using the service now.

crltkcagle
06-11-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm telling you Tink is so small now my kids didn't even realize she was in their hands! A big difference from previous years!

Humphrey
06-12-2010, 05:12 PM
We also just returned from spending the first week of June at WDW. Had a lot of Photopass pix taken. None of them were blurred, but composition was a real problem for several of the photogs. It seems that they were not taught the basic rule of "thirds" for composition. I had to do some zooming, then repositioning of the subjects. Made many of them better. But I did wonder if they were told to leave room around the subjects so that borders could be added. But there is no excuse for cutting off the feet and leaving a lot of sky in the picture.

The blurring confuses me a little, because they are using auto-focus cameras. I have the same model for one of my personal cameras. Its not going to take a picture if it is not focuses.

DizneyRox
06-12-2010, 05:53 PM
The blurring confuses me a little, because they are using auto-focus cameras. I have the same model for one of my personal cameras. Its not going to take a picture if it is not focuses.
If they snap the picture and move the camera almost simultaneously, that's where you will blur and get by the auto-focus.

I suspect they aren't taking into account the "lag" to capture the picture.

Humphrey
06-12-2010, 09:26 PM
If they snap the picture and move the camera almost simultaneously, that's where you will blur and get by the auto-focus.

I suspect they aren't taking into account the "lag" to capture the picture.

Camera movement could be the cause. But there is no "lag" in those Nikon cameras. My "point and shoot's cameras have a lag, but not the Nikon. Its got to be movement as they press the button. In that case a note needs to be sent to Guest Relations. The Photopass Photographers need some more training.