PDA

View Full Version : How is Dinner at Akershus?

Terk24
06-09-2010, 09:13 PM
We have never eaten here and have a rezzie for July. How is it? Any info would be great. Thanks!

Ms. Mode
06-10-2010, 07:07 AM
You know, the food was good for what it was..BUT...we don't have adventurous palates and didn't really care for it.

However, the princesses were really great!

Scar
06-10-2010, 11:59 AM
It's Good.

It used to be great before the princesses ruined it. :(

SallyP
06-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Disney did the 'switch the chefs' recently and Norway has a new one. Don't know if he has creative license to change the menu or not ... probably not.

pokci
06-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Scar, I can not agree with you more!!!

I still go, but ask to be seated without the whole princess thing and don't care for them visiting while I'm enjoying my meal. But hey, that's me. :secret:

For the OP there is a koldtbord (sort of like a salad bar) lots of interesting choices, some you'll recognize, some I urge you to try. Then on the menu there are lovely choices, the salmon is great, and then dessert is usually a chef's sampler of the three desserts they offer. It's a lovely experience. If you like princesses, you'll love it. If you don't need the characters, just ask to bypass the photo op and see if you can get a table out of the way. They don't do a show, just come around and stop at tables for pics and chat and then move on.

Keep Norway's Kringla cafe in mind for other meals - best value for a counter service dollar! :thumbsup: