PDA

View Full Version : Rewards gift card & dining

Figment52
06-09-2010, 09:12 PM
For our upcoming trip we planned to use the rewards from my Disney Visa to pay for meals. I know there are some restaurants that won't accept it, but I can't remember which ones.

We have ADRs for The Plaza in MK, 50s Prime Time, and Chefs de France. It occured to me that Chefs de France may not take it as aren't a lot of the WS restaurants owned by someone other than Disney?

Also, do the food stands for F&WF take the rewards gift card?

retiredfigment
06-09-2010, 10:26 PM
I did this in December. I charged all tips and food to my room and then the night before I left I went to desk and they applied my points to the bill. EASY

SallyP
06-10-2010, 08:16 AM
For our upcoming trip we planned to use the rewards from my Disney Visa to pay for meals. I know there are some restaurants that won't accept it, but I can't remember which ones.

We have ADRs for The Plaza in MK, 50s Prime Time, and Chefs de France. It occured to me that Chefs de France may not take it as aren't a lot of the WS restaurants owned by someone other than Disney?

As far as I know, the Rewards Card is money, all restaurants in the parks should take it. If that's wrong, I'm sure someone will let us know. Some of the restaurants in Downtown Disney and at Swan/Dolphin don't take the Rewards card.

Also, do the food stands for F&WF take the rewards gift card?

Yes, the food kiosks take the Rewards Card as payment. Last year at the start they all didn't take the Snack Credits from the Dining Plan but by the the 3rd week all Kiosks were accepting Snack Credits for the food.

BklynChick
06-11-2010, 10:34 PM
I have never had an issue using the Rewards Card to pay for dining - even at DLR where it is supposed to be more restrictive. I just kept giving the card to the server and figured that if they turned me down I'd pay another way.

tinka
06-12-2010, 07:47 AM
We used our rewards card last year to pay for snacks, refillable mugs and the few meals that we bought...you shouldn't have any problem.

HoosierDisneyFan
06-12-2010, 08:55 AM
I asked if I could use my reward card at a non-Disney pretzel location and a non-Disney gift shop in DTD. No problems. But the Harley Davidson gift shop in DTD would not accept.

The only problem I had within Disney was at the funnel cake location in America at EPCOT. Not sure the worker knew what he was doing though.

DizneyRox
06-12-2010, 09:29 AM
It may be obvious, but be sure to drain the Rewards card first as rewards on the card DO expire. We only use ours at WDW, so we don't want any left to use online or whatever. We use it from the moment we arrive until it's empty. We'll get tickets first, that will take a huge chunk out.