PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West or POR?

onjbj
06-09-2010, 12:22 PM
We've stayed at POR our last 2 trips. I love it there- love the boat to DTD and the resort as a whole. I was thinking of booking OKW this trip just for a change. I'd like the opinions of anyone who has stayed at both resorts. Thanks!

pox24
06-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Going for our third stay in the Fall. We love it. Quiet, laid back, boat to DTD, Olivia's is a wonderful Key West like place to eat. I think its one of WDW best kept secrets for a good meal, never needed an ADR either. The studios and larger units can be on the lakes or golf course. You are gonna love it there.:thumbsup:

c&d
06-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Given the choice OKW. I loved the resort when we stayed there. The resort seemed to be quiet and very low key when we were there and it had huge rooms. :thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
06-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Both places are among our favorites. I would probably give a slight edge to OKW. The rooms at OKW are so nice and so spacious. Have a great time, whichever you choose.

bringbackhorizons
06-10-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm having a similar dilema for our next trip, but my dilema in POFQ vs OKW. I've read so many good things about OKW though I think I'm going to give it a try.

disneylovinmom
06-13-2010, 12:01 AM
I have stayed at both and they are both just wonderful, but given the choice it will always be OKW. The rooms are very large and it is so relaxing. You can take the boat to DTD from there also. We just got spoiled on our last trip to OKW and it will be hard to go back to a regular room again.

PetefromRI
06-14-2010, 09:36 AM
I read recently that they are doing a refurb on all the rooms at OKW soon.We also want to give it a try but are waiting until after the refurb.We never get a rental car so would this resort still work for us?We'd be getting a studio.

KAT1811
06-14-2010, 11:01 AM
I would choose OKW over just about any WDW resort! It is MUCH nicer than POR! The resort is very laid back with lush grounds and large rooms. OKW hands down!!! Have a fabulous trip!!!

I read recently that they are doing a refurb on all the rooms at OKW soon.We also want to give it a try but are waiting until after the refurb.We never get a rental car so would this resort still work for us?We'd be getting a studio.

I too am looking forward to the refurb but honestly I loved it before the refurb. The rooms are much larger than any other room I have ever stayed at in WDW. The kitchenette is very nice to have. The grounds are just beautiful and the boat ride to DTD is just wonderful.

We have never had a rental car in WDW and never needed one. OKW is no exception. The bus service is the best I have yet to encounter in WDW. We never waited long for a bus and never had a full bus. Often times we were one of only a few people on the bus even at park closing. I think once you try OKW you'll fall in love with it just like we did.