PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Pool Question

DisneyOtaku
06-09-2010, 09:20 AM
I am less then two weeks away from my WDW trip ( :party: ) and will be staying at the Beach Club for the first time. Upon doing research of the pool, I heard that there was a section that functioned like a Lazy River and you can rent tubes for it. Is this true? Also, can I just bring my own tube so I don't have to rent one everyday?

Zawadi
06-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Yes, there is a 250ft lazy river in the Stormalong Bay complex in front of the Yacht Club by the windmill. Note that parts of the river exceed 6ft in depth.

The life guards issue a coloured wrist band (colour changed daily) on presentaion of a YC/BC room key. This is to ensure that only YC/BC guests have access the the facilities.

Not sure about using you own tube - we just rent one.

Enjoy your trip - we've got to wait until September.

MOJoe
06-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Pretty sure you have to rent a tube. They are all clear plastic - no neon or opaque tubes allowed. They do this for safety reasons. I suppose if you own a clear tube you may not have to rent one.
I can't remember the cost to rent, but it isn't much.

Basket Mommy
06-09-2010, 12:02 PM
We take our own noodles and no one has ever said anything to us. They work just as well as the tubes, IMO.

BrerGnat
06-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Personal noodles are allowed. Personal tubes are NOT. There is really no point in renting the tubes. That part of the pool is not that big and there are usually lots of people in there (obstacles). Plus, regardless of what you may hear, the current really is not swift like the lazy rivers at the waterparks. It's maybe half as fast as that.

Jillirose
06-12-2010, 09:36 PM
We don't use tubes, just float along... Have fun! When we were there in Feb they closed the pool :(