PDA

View Full Version : World of Color Media Preview (Thursday, June 10 3pm-10pm PST)

NotaGeek
06-09-2010, 03:43 AM
Ryan aka Leaky Tiki will be reporting live from the event on the official INTERCOT Twitter feed ... you can find the posts at http://twitter.com/intercot or by adding @intercot to your Twitter list.

Stay tuned for posts, pictures and lots of great inside dish from INTERCOT ... your best source for official Disneyland info!

Ed
06-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Good Morning America's weather guy, Sam Champion, was live from DCA this morning and showed a lot of the features of World of Color and some of the technology behind it.

Outstanding stuff. :thumbsup:

There's a video available on the ABC website.

NotaGeek
06-10-2010, 02:51 PM
There will be a live U-Stream of the preview tonight ... find info HERE (http://www.ustream.tv/worldofcolor).

ryan
06-10-2010, 03:11 PM
The current schedule for this evening is as follows:

6pm - Red (ie Blue) Carpet
8:45 - World of Color Premiere Show

Keep an eye on the twitter feed (@intercot) for updates and photos throughout the evening.

Pending cell coverage and reception we will be live broadcasting pieces of tonights premiere on ustream.tv on the following channel:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/world-of-color-premiere

BrerGnat
06-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the info on the Ustream broadcast. I'll be tuning in. :thumbsup:

I was at DCA yesterday and set up for tonight's event was in full swing! The viewing area was blocked off, there was a stage set up with folding chairs in front of it and numerous podiums for, I assume, video cameras. There were also signs posted "Live Tape Location 1", "Live Tape Location 2", etc. all the way up to 6. I was wondering what that meant, and whether there was going to be some sort of broadcast of tonight's events.

The esplanade has also had a makeover. The CALIFORNIA is now in colored letters. There are also penants affixed to the lights there and also in DCA along the walkway from the Sun Plaza to Paradise Pier. These say "World of Color" and feature different characters that make an appearance in the show. They are very nice looking.

Hollywood Pictures backlot has also had a "colorful" makeover. Looks great, but I wonder if it's only temporary...

NotaGeek
06-10-2010, 06:34 PM
I added a pic provided by Natalie ... thanks! :photo:

Mufasa
06-10-2010, 06:42 PM
In addition to the public debut of World of Color, tomorrow will bring the "What's Next" media presentation and new displays in the Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar.

There will be lots of details shared on the Little Mermaid attraction (including an appearance by Jodi Benson) and more on Goofy's Sky School, the Buena Vista entrance plaza, the Red Car and more exciting news.

Mufasa
06-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Hollywood Pictures backlot has also had a "colorful" makeover. Looks great, but I wonder if it's only temporary...

I think all of that is only through the summer as part of Glow Fest/Summer Nightastic.

The World of Color "Carnival of Color" pre-show in paradise pier features performers with these large puppets (a bit like the Tapestry of Nations/Dreams puppets that were at Epcot) but each with a character that is also tied to the colors denoting the viewing area sections so you have the Genie (Blue), Mike Wazowski (Green), Lumiere (Yellow), Sebastian (Red) and Tigger (Orange).

If you grab a Fastpass in the morning for World of Color then it is assigned to a color that denotes the viewing area and the guest crowd control for the show is trying to make it as clear as possible where you should report to for your assigned area so those CMs should have color matching flashlights and other indicators so you're sure you're in the right spot because it can definitely get a little crazy before the show.

NotaGeek
06-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Thanks Mufasa!

NotaGeek
06-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Ryan and Courtney are at the World of Color VIP/Media Premier and Tweeting live ... find our official INTERCOT Twitter @intercot -- here's a link to the photo site they are using to upload pictures (http://ow.ly/user/intercot) and don't forget Disney will be streaming live footage (scroll up!) and INTERCOT is going to try to stream live as well!

DisneyParks Blog will be updating THIS (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/06/world-of-color-blue-carpet-premiere-live-coverage/) page with pics of Celebrities walking the Blue Carpet!

Is anyone else excited to see World of Color in person! I sure am!

BrerGnat
06-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Is anyone else excited to see World of Color in person! I sure am!

YES! But, trying to plan that at the moment is hard...my kids are too young to stay up to watch it and getting a sitter is hard. :(

I'm shooting for sometime mid July.

NotaGeek
06-10-2010, 11:54 PM
The live broadcast has started! Check it out HERE (http://www.ustream.tv/worldofcolor).

BrerGnat
06-11-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm bummed I couldn't watch the live broadcast. Ustream kept crashing my browser(s), on BOTH my computers. :(

NotaGeek
06-11-2010, 12:05 PM
I don't watch ... I like to experience its for the first time in person -- so I stay away from the videos! :mickey:

2Epcot
06-17-2010, 03:03 PM
I don't watch ... I like to experience its for the first time in person -- so I stay away from the videos! :mickey:

I was at the media event last week. The first part of the program was a great opening ceremony featuring Disney executives and a talking Mickey on stage. I thought it was well done, and worth watching ...I have seen it several places online. Once they toss to the show, you can stop watching and save it to see it live. Nothing recorded compares to seeing it live anyway.

NotaGeek
06-17-2010, 03:23 PM
I was at the media event last week. The first part of the program was a great opening ceremony featuring Disney executives and a talking Mickey on stage. I thought it was well done, and worth watching ...I have seen it several places online. Once they toss to the show, you can stop watching and save it to see it live. Nothing recorded compares to seeing it live anyway.
I did the same thing! Is it me -- or is the talking Mickey Mouse a bit on the creepy side?

I thought the opening ceremonies were cool -- I have friends at DLR right now and they have seen WoC 3x and they said they cried every time!

2Epcot
06-17-2010, 03:25 PM
I did the same thing! Is it me -- or is the talking Mickey Mouse a bit on the creepy side?

I thought the opening ceremonies were cool -- I have friends at DLR right now and they have seen WoC 3x and they said they cried every time!

I was working during the media event, so I only got to see about 80% of the show live, then was called backstage. I've haven't been able to see the whole show up close, but hopefully soon. The Mickey was a little strange, but I loved the fountains in the stage.

Mousefever
07-28-2010, 04:01 PM
My son and I saw WOC Monday night at the 10:15 show. It was wonderful! We were in the "yellow" viewing section, which is the third level up. I was happy that we were not next to the water since the breeze caused us to become a little wet where we were. I believe that the weather was chilly for this time of year.

We enjoyed WOC more than Fantasmic (WD's version). The only drawback is the lack of seating. We ended up queuing up at 9:10 in the fastpass area, walking to the viewing area around 9:45, and continuing to stand through the end of the show until 10:45.

The show itself is beautiful. The effects are difficult to describe, but I definitely saw things I had never seen before. The music was wonderful. I was gratified that part of Fantasia made it into the show. Well worth experiencing.

Amy