PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp

Figment52
06-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Haven't been to a MNSSHP party since 2003, so I was wondering what the activies have been lately. Other than the obvious of candy, fireworks, and the parade, that is. I remember a spot for fortune tellers, face painting, a photo stop (it was free and mailed to you after your trip), and a really great storyteller on the riverboat. Any of these still around?

TIA:mickey:

Pirate Granny
06-08-2010, 09:20 PM
I've never seen the fortune teller...and the free photo is gone, however they do give you a special photo-pass card and you get a certain % off a picture...and they do special stuff, like put a ghost in the horseless carriage outside of the Haunted House...I saw face painting in tune-town...There was something in the Riverboat last year, but I can't remember, don't believe it was a story-teller. Can't wait to get back in September.
:pirate:

Figment52
06-08-2010, 09:30 PM
the free photo is gone, however they do give you a special photo-pass card and you get a certain % off a picture...

:(thats too bad. They can't put it on a regular photopass card? Or is this discount attached directly to the special card? We might be preordering the photopass cd, so I wondered how the mnsshp photo would work with that.

Renfairwedding
06-08-2010, 11:06 PM
When we last used the discounted card we were told by the photo CM to use that card instead of the regular one for the rest of the trip as all the shots stored with that card number will be discounted. I did that and indeed all the shots had that discount.

I could not find any place this was prohibited or against the rules.

if anyone knows to the contrary let me know.

This was 4 years ago.
One last thing. They transfered my other card shots to the discounted card at the MK photo shop.

Fastpasssteve
06-08-2010, 11:24 PM
There is a stage/dance show presented in front of the castle at least once during each Halloween Party. It features Disney Villains. I can't wait. I'm going for the first time this fall.

Figment52
06-09-2010, 12:15 AM
There is a stage/dance show presented in front of the castle at least once during each Halloween Party. It features Disney Villains. I can't wait. I'm going for the first time this fall.

You're going to LOVE it, it's so much fun! :hmghost:

When we last used the discounted card we were told by the photo CM to use that card instead of the regular one for the rest of the trip as all the shots stored with that card number will be discounted. I did that and indeed all the shots had that discount.

I could not find any place this was prohibited or against the rules.

if anyone knows to the contrary let me know.

This was 4 years ago.
One last thing. They transfered my other card shots to the discounted card at the MK photo shop.

If that is indeed not against the rules, I wonder if the opposite can be done? Since we're considering the $99 pre-order option, I'm thinking it would be better money-wise to have all photos (party and regular) on one card. Or perhaps after the party, one of the photo stores can add the party photos to the regular card as well? Just trying to figure out which would be better, cost wise.

crltkcagle
06-09-2010, 09:17 AM
We just went through this for star wars weekend. We pre ordered the cd and during sww they made us use a different photopasscard. When we tried to give them our regular one they wouldn't take it. The reason for this is they give you special pictures you can download once you get home and you have to use that card in order to get the sw graphics to put on your pictures. I would assume it's the same with mnsshp. We went three years ago to mnsshp and we just used our normal pp card. I guess they have changed it since then.

yjgirl32
06-09-2010, 09:34 AM
We were there in Sept of 09 for the MNSSHP and we put all our cards including the party and the waterparks cards on our $99.00 cd. Got all the cool borders for the party. Not sure if this helps. Loved the party going back again this year.

Renfairwedding
06-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Just to clear things up....

No matter what, all your photo pass photos be it the regular or MNSSHP cards can be put onto the photo CD.

The benifit of the party card is great if you do not want to buy the CD. Last time only a few photo's I thought were worth buying and in the end and with that discount it was much cheaper.

Figment52
06-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Just to clear things up....

No matter what, all your photo pass photos be it the regular or MNSSHP cards can be put onto the photo CD.

The benifit of the party card is great if you do not want to buy the CD. Last time only a few photo's I thought were worth buying and in the end and with that discount it was much cheaper.

Oh! For some reason I was thinking that only photos from one card could go on the CD. So once you enter all your card numbers online any photo that is currently showing in your photopass account is eligable to be on the CD. Got it!:thumbsup:

And now that I've hijacked my own thread, anyone remember seeing the storyteller on the Riverboat? Would love to see that, as the last time we were in another part of the boat and didn't realize there was a live performance until she was just about done.:blush:

tinklover
06-09-2010, 06:22 PM
I just looked at our map from last years MNSSHP and nothing is showing for the story teller. I know last year the river steamboat was turned into a princess and the frog show and no longer a ride , that could have something to do with no storyteller last year. Not sure about this year, I will definitely check it out when we go again.

Figment52
06-09-2010, 06:30 PM
I just looked at our map from last years MNSSHP and nothing is showing for the story teller. I know last year the river steamboat was turned into a princess and the frog show and no longer a ride , that could have something to do with no storyteller last year. Not sure about this year, I will definitely check it out when we go again.

Ohhhh, that explains it. I'm sure they got rid of her to make attractions for this new movie. When we did see her, she was dressed up very gothic and telling ghost stories. Very fitting with being next to HM.

garthbarth1
06-09-2010, 11:08 PM
We have been the last three years to MNSSHP and the Riverboat was not running that night. There was a coffin and fog in front of it that made it really creepy...but no riverboat running with a story teller on it. That would have been amazing!:mickey:

Figment52
06-09-2010, 11:27 PM
We have been the last three years to MNSSHP and the Riverboat was not running that night. There was a coffin and fog in front of it that made it really creepy...but no riverboat running with a story teller on it. That would have been amazing!:mickey:

It was! Or should I say, had we seen the WHOLE thing it would have been. lol. We were in the back of the boat up top and could just barely hear her - we thought it was just being piped over the speakers until we moved towards the front and saw her. She was on the bow? I forget ship direction :blush: They must have done away with that a while ago then, since the last time we went was 2003. Oh, it was also Halloween night, so maybe that made a difference?

garthbarth1
06-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Wow, I didnt realize it was! For all three years I remember looking at it while getting the candy...we have never gone on Halloween night, or it may have just been docked when we walked by, but I never saw a line of people waiting to get on? Does anyone else remember it running?? I asked my husband, and he is sure that it was roped off and not running? I could have totally missed it though, too!:secret: