PDA

View Full Version : Philharmagic Question

birdsell
06-08-2010, 07:23 PM
My family, including my DS, will be taking a one-day trip to MK next Wednesday. (YAAAAY)

My questions is this: Will my two-year old son enjoy Mickey's Philharmagic if he dosen't wear the glasses, or will it look blurry and strange to him? I'm not concerned about him staying involved in the story, but if he dosen't wear the glasses, will he have a hard time seeing what's going on?

Thanks!

DisneyLuver91
06-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Everything will be very blurry during the movie, but in the beginning there are a few animatronics (I think) so he should be able to see those.

And there are other things than the sights! There are sounds, smells, and even water!

Also, I was terrified of Muppet Vision when I was little and didn't wear my glasses. I still enjoyed the show and today it is among my top 10!

He'll definitely enjoy it! Hakuna Matata!

Strmchsr
06-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Everything will be very blurry during the movie, but in the beginning there are a few animatronics (I think) so he should be able to see those.

Nope. Only the 1 animatronic at the very end.

To the OP...with it being so blurry I think he'd have a really hard time "getting" the story without the glasses. It's actually fun to watch the little ones try to reach out and touch everything. The music and sounds, though, he should enjoy if he's familiar with the Disney movies even if he can't see the images well. If he's not very familiar with the various movies and doesn't want to wear the glasses I'd say skip it this trip.

faline
06-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Two year olds often aren't into wearing the 3-D glasses and often seem to miss most of the story. You might try one of the 3-D shows to see how it goes - it if doesn't work for this trip, I'd probably skip the rest.

finaldynasty
06-08-2010, 08:13 PM
I agree with the other posters. I also would add that every two year old is different. My two year old wore her glasses on and off (on mostly), but she was closer to three. When she was closer to 1, but almost two she was not into it at all. We only stayed because of her older siblings. oVer the past year we have taken our youngest DD (who almost four now) to a few 3-D movies and she has kept her glasses on for 25-30 mins prior to taking them off. Her siblings were about the same.

JMO...hope this helps and have a great time.

Kenny1113
06-09-2010, 06:57 AM
When DS6 was 2 he did not wear the 3D glasses and still sat through and enjoyed philharmagic, until recently he would not wear them, but still wanted to see the show. :) enjoy!

SingingLights
06-09-2010, 07:23 AM
My DD is now 11 but we have been going since she was 2. She has a problem with her vision. She has worn glasses since she was 14 months old and has had surgery on her eyes, the 3D glasses give her a headache if she wear them very long. So many times she doesn't wear the 3D glasses in a show but she loves this show and The Muppets show at DHS even without the 3D. I think your son will enjoy it too.

crltkcagle
06-09-2010, 09:10 AM
I would suggest your two year old not wear the glasses if he/she gets startled easily. There are parts in the show that send some children to tears. For example during the be our guest part champagne bottles launch their tops at you and with the glasses on it appears they are going to hit you in the face. There is also air being blown at you simultaneously. I have seen smaller children scream and cry during this part. Philharmagic is one of the best shows Disney has and I wouldn't suggest you skip it just use caution when it comes to your little one so they don't have a meltdown on you. Those are not fun! Lol have a great trip!

Scar
06-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Will he not wear them because he is uncomfortable with things touching his face, or because he will be scared of the effects? If it's the latter, tell him he's going to be a pirate and put a patch over one eye, that will negate the 3-D effect. :pirate:

DCDisney
06-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Due to vision problems, 3D does not work for me. Without the glasses, the 3D parts look like double-vision. But only thos items look that way. The rest of the show looks normal.

I love Philharmagic, even though the 3D part doesn't work for me.

Giselle
06-09-2010, 02:08 PM
The first time my daughter went (about 3 I think) she put on the glasses and the effect was so real to her that she screamed and ducked when Donald threw the instruments out. We had to get out immediately. Years later when we talked her into trying it again, she refused to wear the glasses, but didn't mind watching the movie a bit blurry. Its nice to get out of the heat and have a seat. But it is not a must-do by any means.

momof3+twins
06-09-2010, 02:56 PM
My twins were two the first time they saw this and wore the glasses. It isn't at all scary. He might enjoy wearing them.
But, yes it will be blurry. I have always let my young ones try the glasses and told them to take them off if they don't like it.

Kaps
06-11-2010, 02:36 PM
The picture will be blurry but when my son was 2 he sat through it.