PDA

View Full Version : T-REX or Rainforest?

dream_disney
06-08-2010, 05:39 PM
We have one night to eat at DTD during our upcoming stay in 23 days! Would you recommend T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe and why? Any help is much appriciated! :mickey:

Jenemmy
06-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Well, this is totally a matter of personal opinion, but I would probably pick Rainforest of the two.

We ate at T-Rex last month. It was really cool inside, food was just fine, but it was just so stinkin' loud -- and I know that makes me sound like a little old lady -- LOL. We could not even talk across the table. We were seated near the pterodactyl and he was driving me nuts. I know that Rainforest is not all peaceful and tranquil either, but I got to where I couldn't even form a coherent thought thanks to that prehistoric bird.

I loved wandering around though -- perhaps a different room would be completely better. If you choose it, try for the Ice Cave or the room in the back.

I also like the Rainforest gift shop better, although the dig site was cool for the kiddos.

ThanxForNoticin
06-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Both are fun. We might give T-Rex a slight edge on the food - and desserts! And yes, it can get loud in there.....

xo0ally
06-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Although it can get loud i say T-Rex because where i live in Boston there are no T-Rex restraunts around only rainforest cafe. So for me its a no brainer, T-Rex.

Fastpasssteve
06-09-2010, 01:52 AM
I loved T-Rex...and, of course, it's loud. It's a themed restaurant based on dinosaurs. Both T-Rex and Rainforest are loud. If you want quiet, you should go someplace with no children...but that would miss the point, now wouldn't it?

I'm a big person and I love to eat...a lot. The food was better at T-Rex. Plus there was a meteor shower, an ice room that changed colors, dinosaurs that occassionally went wild, and a giant octopus with movable arms above the bar! What else could you or your little ones want? Plus, there's a Build-A-Dinosaur there on-site. The little stuffed dinosaurs are cute...and I don't find anything cute.

Goofy Pluto
06-09-2010, 10:18 AM
These two restaurants are owned by the same company, right? So this might be a little off-topic but I'm hoping someone can answer it...

If I have a gift card for Rainforest, would it be good at T Rex as well?

DDuck66
06-09-2010, 06:28 PM
T-rex!! We have always enjoyed it better than the RC.

disneykid@hrt
06-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Foodwise they are about even. I personally enjoy the food at RC better. (They have this spicy pasta dish with chicken and peppers and YUM.)

I also like the theming at RC better. We sat in the color changing ice room when we ate at T-Rex. It seemed "cold"- I guess that is good theming since it's an ice room. But maybe sterile is the word?? Generic? Lacking something. I don't like dinosaurs too much either.

However- we did the Build-A-Dino and that was a fun memory/souvenir. The bar did look cool but we were with the kiddies. Plus like a PP noted, there's lots of Rainforest Cafes, and not so many T-Rex's.

And to answer GoofyPluto: Yes, you can use a RC gift card at T-Rex and even in the gift store. We had about $100 in gift cards for RC that we got for Xmas and used them on our food and the change on our Build-A-Dino's.

1DisneyNut
06-11-2010, 06:49 PM
I haven't been to T-Rex yet but I would pick anything over Rainforest Cafe. We have eaten at RC several times in various locations and I have not enjoyed the food at all. :ack: I guess it really just doesn't live up to my expectations and I consider it mediocre at best. The last time I wrote it off and said I would never be back. I have heard the food at T-Rex is comparable so that is why we haven't been knocking anything down trying to get in there. lol

Jared
06-11-2010, 06:54 PM
The two places are pretty similar in food quality, so I recommend basing your decision on the theme. They both offer standard, eclectic menus with enough offerings to please even the pickiest eater.

They are also both extremely loud and energetic, making them perfect for families more concerned with seeing their children entertained than a peaceful meal.

I recognize that I have written a lot without offering a preference. That's primarily because I don't think it matters too much which you choose. But if you're forcing me to make a decision, I will go with T-Rex, for no reason other besides there is a Rainforest Cafe near my hometown.