PDA

View Full Version : Daughter turning 3 during trip. No problem celebrating it, right?

Tekneek
06-08-2010, 05:07 PM
I understand it is "official policy" that it is ok for them to be free for the duration of the trip, since they began the vacation under 3.

However, there's no harm in putting a birthday pin on her for her birthday, having cake, and all the regular Birthday At WDW things, right? Just don't want to get into any hot water by drawing attention to a 3 year old who does not have tickets.

faline
06-08-2010, 05:20 PM
My understanding is that, for Disney purposes, the child is the age she was at the time of checkin for the duration of the trip so if she is 2 when you check in, she will be treated as a 2 year old for the duration of the trip.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-08-2010, 07:14 PM
You will be fine.

A couple of years ago, DD turned 10 during our trip, thereby going from a Disney child to a Disney adult. There were no issues at all, since she was a "child" for the whole trip.

Enjoy the celebreation :party:

barbiegirl314
06-17-2010, 04:24 PM
My niece turned 3 a few yrs ago when we were in Disney for a vacation. We celebrated her B-day with no problem. She wore the button and we had a Birthday dinner at Chef Mickeys.

I'm sure there are lots of children who turn 3 during their trip and it's Disney's policy that they are free for the duration of the trip.

KAT1811
06-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Same goes for us. When our DD turned 3 on our trip she was 2 when she started and treated as such for the whole trip. We had a birthday breakfast at Akershus. She wore a pin and had a blast being treated like a princess. :cloud9:

Have a great trip!!!!