PDA

View Full Version : Why must they close Toy Story Mania THAT week?

DisneyMomx2
06-08-2010, 03:26 PM
I am so bummed. There are not many rides I enjoy more than Toy Story Mania and now I see it will be closed THE week we are there. I was even planning on taking my girls to see Toy Story 3 to get us psyched up (like we need help there). lol

Thanks for letting me rant. Just disappointed. But hey, at least I have a trip scheduled and I am grateful for that.:thumbsup:

Gator
06-08-2010, 03:46 PM
I know the feeling. They closed Splash Mountain down in January right as we were going. I had been talking it up to my daughter who was finally tall enough to ride. I even found and bought Song of the South on DVD for her. And then they closed it down. I was HOT:thedolls: But it was still a good trip. Just wished the perfect ride could've been going.

I'm sure some folks along to tell you why Disney does refurbs and how you should expect some rides to be down during any WDW visit. I guarantee they will not make you feel better.

Goofy Pluto
06-08-2010, 03:52 PM
What week is it? Just hoping it's not when WE are going! :(

TheRustyScupper
06-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I am so bummed. There are not many rides I enjoy more than Toy Story Mania and now I see it will be closed THE week we are there.

If you write, they might keep it open for your week. :thumbsup:

DisneyMomx2
06-08-2010, 04:20 PM
According to the schedule here on Intercot, Toy Story Midway Mania! will be closed August 16-28, 2010

I know they have to close rides to keep them up and I know if it wasn't my vacation it would be somebody else's, so I just roll with it. Just going to miss it ALOT. On the bright side, I will be able to relax a little instead of worrying about getting there at the crack of dawn for my FP. :)

DisneyMomx2
06-08-2010, 04:44 PM
If you write, they might keep it open for your week. :thumbsup:

LOL Just saw this!! If only it were that easy. LOL

kapeman
06-08-2010, 05:08 PM
I even found and bought Song of the South on DVD for her.

How in the world did you manage that?

Also, how good is the quality of the master?

Gator
06-08-2010, 07:50 PM
How in the world did you manage that?

Also, how good is the quality of the master?

Stumbled across the right "song of the south" website on the ".net" . I wouldn't say it was hi-def, but it was better than VHS. Plus, I hadn't seen it in 25 years, and my daughter had never seen it. And since Disney doesn't want Al Sharpton calling them evil, I don't anticipate a release anytime soon. It just made sense to get any copy I could.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-08-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm sorry Toy Story will be closed during your trip, but hey, at least it is an excuse for another trip!

Space Mountain and the TTA were closed during our last trip, and DH was upset about missing Space Mountain, but DD was heartbroken about no "people mover".

I am glad they keep the parks up, keep updating things, but I wish it wasn't during MY trip ;)

Goofy Pluto
06-08-2010, 10:07 PM
According to the schedule here on Intercot, Toy Story Midway Mania! will be closed August 16-28, 2010

You've got to be KIDDING ME! That EXACTLY during our vacation! Why are they closing it? It's a new ride! URGH! Of course my only saving grace is that my daughter and I are going to the Star Wars party on the 14th. Hopefully we'll be able to get on it that night. But the rest of my family won't get to see it. That's terrible! :(

i'm grumpy
06-09-2010, 03:59 PM
:( Figures. We finally got to ride last month. It was great!

RNR was down while we were there and it's my fave. :thedolls:

Reesa Roo
06-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Oh no ! That's right during our vacation too. We can only afford to go every 4 or 5 years so we haven't visited since they've added that ride. The kids were really looking forward to it. We will be there on the 29th (out last day) so I'm guessing we'll be going to the Studios on the 29th for TS Mania - just like everyone else!

Figment52
06-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Does anyone know WHY its going to be down? We're not going that week, I'm just curious.

Tekneek
06-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Seems there is routine maintenance windows for a lot of attractions. It has been open for at least a year and a half, hasn't it?

cer
06-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Does anyone know WHY its going to be down? We're not going that week, I'm just curious.

It is my understanding that they are taking it down to switch out one of the 'games' with a new one that includes characters from the Toy Story 3 movie.

It is amazing to me that the way this ride is designed, they could change the entire thing if they wanted....

Can someone come along and confirm?

Goofy Pluto
06-11-2010, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE=cer;2065467]It is my understanding that they are taking it down to switch out one of the 'games' with a new one that includes characters from the Toy Story 3 movie. /QUOTE]

Wait... I thought they were doing that in June or something? So will it be down in August?

joanna71985
06-11-2010, 04:41 PM

From what I've heard, the refurb is to add gates on the exit side

Seems there is routine maintenance windows for a lot of attractions. It has been open for at least a year and a half, hasn't it?

It opened May 2008

It is my understanding that they are taking it down to switch out one of the 'games' with a new one that includes characters from the Toy Story 3 movie.

It is amazing to me that the way this ride is designed, they could change the entire thing if they wanted....

Can someone come along and confirm?

That change has happened already. The Bo Peep game was removed, and a new balloon game was added

Darbylew
06-11-2010, 04:46 PM
We love that ride. So glad it wasn't closed
when we were there a few weeks ago. Hope
you can ride it next time. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
OCTOBER!!!!!! :D

wdwvacationeer
06-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Our vacation is also during that time and we are so disappointed! Since Toy Story opened we have never been able to get on it. The fast passes would disappear really quickly and the wait times are always super long so we always said we will do it next time. It was the one thing we definitely wanted to do this summer-tops on our list! I guess it will just have to be "next time!"