PDA

View Full Version : Jambo House studio accomodation recommendations?

slheflin
06-08-2010, 02:04 PM
We just booked our trip for Labor Day weekend at Jambo House in a studio with a Savannah view. Any recommendations? We've never stayed there so any comments would be appreciated. It's just me and hubby (kid-free trip!!) if that makes a difference.

Thanks!!

DizneyRox
06-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Not sure what you're asking...

Recommendations for what? I'll say, if it's just you and hubby, make sure the blinds are closed. The entire property is under surveillance.

pox24
06-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Eat at Jiko and at Boma. Have an adult beverage or two then go to the fire pit for a story... its more fun after the beverages!
Try the Ostrich at Jiko's its great. Only problem is the wife will probably sleep with her head under the pillow all night, mine did. One last suggestion, take me with you! Have a great time.

faline
06-08-2010, 05:25 PM
We stayed several times on the Uzima area and saw lots of animals. We stayed once on Arusha Savanna and only saw a couple of animals during our entire stay. I was very disappointed!

steamboat52
06-08-2010, 06:14 PM
We just returned from a trip staying there in the same type room you have. It was wonderful. Being there together without children was the best!

The only advice I have is to take a chip clip or something to clip the drapes shut because they didn't close well. Also, the rooms were very dark and putting on make-up was hard, so if I stay there again I will take a lighted make up mirror. Allow plenty of time to relax and enjoy the place, and look forward to seeing different types of animals at different times of day.

We had a wonderful time there and enjoyed having our coffee on the balcony enjoying the animals. I took as many animal pictures as I did pictures in the parks.

If you are a coffee drinker you might want to take your own coffee also.

I guess that's more advice than I thought I had!

Have a great time. I just got back the last day of April and am aching to return.

MinnieMommie
06-09-2010, 07:08 PM
DH and I (and one daughter) stayed at Jambo House with a SV. Our room was quite spacious and beautiful. AKL has great dining venues including the Mara which we think is the best quality CS on property.

We spent more time sitting on our balcony watching the animals than planned. We were on the 4th floor and had an amazing view of the animals. We had our room stocked with delicious food and beverage and sat and snacked and observed.

AKL is a great place to relax. We really felt like we were far and away from it all. The staff is gracious, the grounds are beautiful, the food is great and the animals are amazingly beautiful. It is a wonderful place for families or for a romantic getaway for 2. :mickey: