PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickeys

fuzzy23
06-08-2010, 11:27 AM
I am getting worried about something. We have a reservation coming up in a couple of weeks at chef mickeys (party of 13). The reservation is for 9:20, and I noticed that the restaurant closes at 9:30. Has anyone had experience with late reservations here? When do the characters stop walking around? When do they start clearing off the buffet?

Mickey'sGirl
06-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Don't worry! Some of the best character interactions we have ever had were at the end of a sitting. The restaurant starts to empty out, and those left get a LOT of attention! I hope you enjoy your dinner! :thumbsup:

SingingLights
06-08-2010, 11:45 AM
At Christmas we had dinner at Chef Mickey's with 15 of us. We also have had very good experience at Chef Mickey's with the characters late in the day. I don't think they start the clean up of the buffet until everyone is gone. Have fun.

like2workout
06-10-2010, 12:37 PM
i had the same thing and it was fine! when we got there, the place was still packed, but before long most people had cleared out because they must have been seated much ealier and finishing up when we arrived. we were never made to feel rushed, all of the characters stayed out - in fact they came back around with hardly anyone to visit - and the total buffet was still out. it was a good experience. have fun!

wickedgin
06-26-2010, 06:08 AM
I hate to be the dissenting voice here, but we had different experiences than the PPs. We had at least 2 late-ish ADRs, both probably about 40 minutes before the end of the breakfast. At both places, the CMs began breaking down the buffet before we were finished and our servers seemed quick to bring the check. :(

Fastpasssteve
06-26-2010, 09:03 PM
My friends and I had a great experience with a late seating at The Liberty Tree back when it was still a Character Dining location. It was at the end of the day, we were starved. We had seen the characters a couple of times, but the place was basically empty. Chip and Dale came over to our table and took the box that contains the various varieties of tea bags and started to play on it like they were bongo drums. It got a little crazier when Goofy came over and they all started dancing. We got some good pictures. And then Minnie (in her Early American garb) came over and began scolding (in a kidding way) the chipmonks and Goofy for being so silly. It was a great night. I laughed until I was about sick.

MinnieMommie
06-27-2010, 08:55 AM
I have had many late seatings (actually last seating) at Chef Mickey's. Never had an issue with the spread or character interaction. Many people have told me not to get the last seating anywhere and while I had an issue at another venue while dining at Disney, CM has always been great. :thumbsup:

whitney37354
06-28-2010, 11:49 AM
We never got back to our rooms before 10 p.m. and I could still hear activity coming from CM, so I'd say you'll be fine.

mrmcgiv
07-05-2010, 12:37 AM
We had a reservation at the end of breakfast one time and it was terrible. We were rushed, the were breaking down the buffet and they had to track down one of the characters before they left so they could still come to our table. We sat in the entrance area and I did not like that either. I would never eat breakfast there again after that experience! It was a huge waste of a table service credit!!! Dinner may be another story though......