PDA

View Full Version : Fastest way to get from Bay Lake Tower to Boardwalk?

disney1122
06-08-2010, 10:43 AM
What's the fastest way to get from Bay Lake Tower to the Boardwalk? And do they still have the walk-up pizza place since Spoodles is gone?

Thanks!

SBETigg
06-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Probably fastest to walk to the MK and catch the Boardwalk bus from there. Or, you could take the DHS bus and boat or walk over. But I think walking to MK and taking the Boardwalk bus would be faster.

Scar
06-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Taxi (or your car) would be fastest.

Walk to MK + bus would be next.

I've "heard " the pizza window is still there but cannot confirm.

wildernesslady
06-08-2010, 11:20 AM
I would take a taxi. The pizza window was there in Dec.

DizneyRox
06-08-2010, 11:23 AM
I would walk to MK and bus from there, however, early morning bus transportation TO a resort can be pretty spotty. Afternoonish shouldn't be a problem.

PlutoPlanet
06-08-2010, 12:00 PM
I vote walk to MK and take a bus. In the early AM, ask a bus supervisor for a bus to go to the BW.

ThanxForNoticin
06-08-2010, 12:05 PM
I agree with the recommendation to walk to the bus depot at the Magic Kingdom and then head to Boardwalk. But just to mention one other option. You could take a bus directly from BLT/CR to Disney Studios. From there, it's a 15-minute walk, or a short boat ride to the Boardwalk area.

Maleficent_vf
06-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Since I avoid the buses whenever possible and am too cheap to take a taxi, I'd say take the monorail to Epcot and walk through Epcot to the International Gate, which will take you to the Boardwalk area (this assumes two things - you have a park hopper pass and Epcot is open when you need to be passing through).

I've never timed it, so I can't tell you how it compares time-wise to your other options.

Scar
06-08-2010, 01:27 PM
I've never timed it, so I can't tell you how it compares time-wise to your other options.This is definetly the coolest way to get there, but not the fastest.

DizneyRox
06-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Since I avoid the buses whenever possible and am too cheap to take a taxi, I'd say take the monorail to Epcot and walk through Epcot to the International Gate, which will take you to the Boardwalk area (this assumes two things - you have a park hopper pass and Epcot is open when you need to be passing through).

I've never timed it, so I can't tell you how it compares time-wise to your other options.
That sounds like something I would do, but that's absolutely not a fast way to do it.

The bus to MGM is a good one too, if you cut into the Boardwalk at the pool you'll cut a good 5-10 minutes off your walk. That might actually be the fastest, earlier in the morning.

We like to walk, and we do that MGM/Epcot walk often. Lovely walk and way faster than the boat.

MidnTPK
06-08-2010, 03:47 PM

This is definetly the coolest way to get there, but not the fastest.

The walk from the Epcot monorail station to the Boardwalk pizza window would be about 0.97 miles.

Tinkerfreak
06-08-2010, 08:57 PM
The pizza window was open when I was there in early May.

Fastpasssteve
06-09-2010, 12:54 AM
I would take bus to Hollywood Studios (transferring monorail lines annoys me...walk down/walk up the other side...bzzzt!) and then transfer to the outgoing bus to Boardwalk. There is always a bus dropping off people from the resorts in the morning, so they loop quickly. Best of luck. Sounds like you're trying to make an early morning ADR!

DizneyRox
06-09-2010, 06:25 AM
transfer to the outgoing bus to Boardwalk. There is always a bus dropping off people from the resorts in the morning, so they loop quickly.
True, however the busses don't "loop" back to the resort. Maybe at slower times of the year, but I don't think I've eer been dropped off at my resort location at a park in recent years, always an empty location and they take off right afterwards.

Again, in the morning... Afternoonish time and going back to a resort isn't usually a problem.

Also, I'm fairly certain that no busses go from Boardwalk (same with Beach Club and Yacht Club) to MGM or Epcot. Your choices are to walk or boat.

kapeman
06-10-2010, 03:51 PM
helicopter

RBrooksC
06-11-2010, 07:34 AM
A car will always be the fasted way to get around WDW.

We always rent a car when we go to Disney since I really can't stand public transportation, save the Monorail, and the Monorail to me as more of a ride and novelty when I am in WDW.