PDA

View Full Version : Renting baby items?

tdk316
06-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Anyone use Baby's Best Friend? I used another company last year and while I was happy and would use them again, the communication with them so far this year has been problematic. We're looking to rent a full-size crib and a dining booster seat.

Pirate Granny
06-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Are you staying at a DVC? If so, they have full size cribs at Disney, but they won't guarantee that you'll get one...they also have high-chairs which are similar to booster seats in the condo's. Not many resorts will fit a full size crib.
Will that help?

tdk316
06-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Do you have to request the high chair? I didn't see it when we stayed at BLT last year.

Checkers
06-09-2010, 12:09 PM
:mickey:Are you staying at a DVC resort? And, if so, what size accommodation do you have booked -- studio, 1br, etc.?

tdk316
06-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Yep, we'll be in a 2BR DVC. Why?

Checkers
06-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Yep, we'll be in a 2BR DVC. Why?

If you were staying in a regular hotel room it would be very crowded with a full size crib but since you are staying in a 2br you will have plenty of room. There are highchairs (like the ones in most restaurants today) that are kept in the closets. We used it for our 1 yr. old grandson in May when we stayed in a 2br at the BCVs. If for some reason there is not one in your closet, just call housekeeping and they will bring one to your room.

We used A Baby's Best Friend to rent the crib and it was very clean and easy to assemble, however, just as a caution, the mattress was about 4" shorter than the crib but we just rolled up a towel and placed it between the mattress and the headboard. Could be a problem depending on how old/big a child is. Have a great time!

tdk316
06-10-2010, 02:23 PM
The mattress was shorter than the crib? Isn't that dangerous? My DS will be 15 months old at the time and that wouldn't work at all. Maybe I'll look somewhere else... Thanks for the reply. :mickey: