PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare for Dinner

Guya103
06-07-2010, 06:18 PM
We want to try some new places on our upcoming trip this August and are thinking about 1900 Park Fare at GF. How does the food compare to other buffet spreads at WDW? Is the character interaction similar to that at the Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's? Thanks!!

faline
06-07-2010, 06:25 PM
We did this a couple of years ago and found the food to be surprisingly enjoyable even though I'm not a huge fan of buffets. The character interaction is a little bit different. We especially enjoyed the stepmother and the stepsisters - very much in character and great fun!

Guya103
06-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Sounds nice! It would be fun to see the different characters:mickey:

IrishMickey
06-07-2010, 06:45 PM
We loved it, the stepsisters and Lady T are amzing, the food was good, I remember that the desserts were a big hit with my family. I would not hesitate to go back. :number1:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-07-2010, 07:26 PM
We really enjoyed 1900 Park Fare.

We found the buffet to be better than average, and much better than Chef Mickey's. The character interaction was some of the best we've had. At one point, Lady Tremaine was actually sitting down at the table and talking to my daughter about having to get her daughters married off - it was hillarious :thumbsup:

crltkcagle
06-07-2010, 08:02 PM
We just ate there not but a week and a half ago and I thought the food was horrible. The roast was still bleeding when the chef placed it on my plate. They have food set up in groupings. For example they have Asian food, French food and Italian food. The desserts were great though. And the character interaction made it all worth it!

Fastpasssteve
06-07-2010, 11:30 PM
I have enjoyed the food here (both breakfast and dinner) for several return trips. If a chef at a carving station tries to hand me a piece of meat that is too rare or overdone, I tell him/her before it touches my plate. Let your wishes be known.

And the characters ARE very funny. You feel more a part of the story of Cinderella here, whereas Chef Mickey is about random characters smiling a lot. You will have a great time there. Variety is the spice of life.

I must say, I love the prime rib, the mushroom ravioli, and the chiorizo stuffed Pork Loin. But, I must say, I would return only for that Chilled Strawberry Soup. I would have it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...as well as my last meal on my death bed.