PDA

View Full Version : How is Boatwrights?

Guya103
06-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I have looked at the menu for Boatwrights and the menu looks good. However, I have heard some negative reviews in the past. Any opinions on this one? We love POR.

forever a child
06-07-2010, 06:21 PM
We have not been there since 2004 but we really liked it. We had breakfast a couple of times and I really liked their pasta choices. So far it has been our favorite resort cs location.

Fangorn
06-07-2010, 06:30 PM
We eat at Boatwrights pretty much every trip - even when we don't stay at POR. We have always had good food and excellent service. We had dinner there for our anniversary once and the staff went well beyond 'excellent' to make the occasion special.

Steve

sassafras
06-07-2010, 06:42 PM
We love Boatwrights! Never had bad service or a bad meal there. We make a point to go there every trip. The bananas Foster dessert is awesome!

Guya103
06-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks for your quick replies! We will put this one on our list!:mickey:

Mousehead35
06-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Stay at POR FQ in 08 and had a fantastic dinner there.. :thumbsup:

HoosierDisneyFan
06-07-2010, 08:22 PM
I have eaten there once and really enjoy my meal. My only complain was a very fussy toddler that was allowed cry loudly by his parents without regard to others within the resturannt. But that was not the resturant's fault.

Disney Day Dreamer
06-07-2010, 08:37 PM
It is excellent! We stay at Riverside whenever we go now, and we always work in at least one trip to Boatwrights. The food is excellent. But don't forget to look at all the gear and tools on the walls, and stop by the piano lounge next door on the way out if you can... at night, there's a live performer who is an absolute riot!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-07-2010, 10:59 PM
We haven't been there on our last trip or so, but have had a great experience...friendly service and yummy food :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
06-09-2010, 04:21 PM
We have not been there since 2004 but we really liked it. We had breakfast a couple of times and I really liked their pasta choices. So far it has been our favorite resort cs location.

...Boatwrights is a TS and it's a very good place to eat....it's more of a "home cookin' " good....they no longer do breakfast, but when they did it was the best of any on Disney property !!!!:mickey:

Jared
06-09-2010, 04:37 PM
It serves its purpose as a basic resort table service location. It's a nice option for guests staying at the resort who are too tired to leave for dinner after a long day at the parks. Even with a car, I wouldn't make a special trip just to eat there. I don't consider it a destination restaurant.

mommyprincess
06-10-2010, 10:06 AM
we are going next week and we can't wait to have dinner there...it's not the best on property but what it is, is a comfortable, relaxing place where the kids don't have to feel out of place (mine are 12 & 14) and there is something for everyone...love the crab cakes (hopefully they still have them) and the bananas foster is awesome. After dinner you can then take a carriage ride around the resort:D

Seasonscraps
06-10-2010, 11:32 AM
I always enjoyed my meals there - it's good hearty food.

#1donaldfan
06-10-2010, 12:24 PM
we are going next week and we can't wait to have dinner there...it's not the best on property but what it is, is a comfortable, relaxing place where the kids don't have to feel out of place (mine are 12 & 14) and there is something for everyone...love the crab cakes (hopefully they still have them) and the bananas foster is awesome. After dinner you can then take a carriage ride around the resort:D

EXACTLY !!! Maybe not a premiere, 2 table service credit eatery, but it is all you said !!!:thumbsup:

Bohms4
06-10-2010, 01:00 PM
We ate there in 2008 for dinner and were pleasantly surprised!

TheDuckRocks
06-11-2010, 10:55 AM
We ate there in Dec. on our first night of a 10 night stay on the Deluxe DDP. We were staying at POFQ and wanted somewhere close by as we were all tired from traveling. Of the approximate one million, nine hundred and seventy nine meals we ate, Boatwright's was only topped by signature restaurants. Many were as good as, but none were any better than.

Kaps
06-11-2010, 02:17 PM
We have always had good food and the service has been very good as well. I would eat here with no problem at all. :thumbsup: