PDA

View Full Version : Disney and diapers?

AmandaChan
06-07-2010, 05:26 PM
For people that have traveled to Disney with little ones --- Do you just pack a ton of diapers or is there a service that you use to deliver diapers to your hotel?? When you run out of diapers are there plenty of a selection to choose from at the resorts?

BrerGnat
06-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Not a baby in diapers, but two boys who still need to wear pull ups at night. We simply shipped down a box via UPS about 5 days before our arrival. I put in there all the "consumables" we would need during the trip, but not need to bring back.

Here's what I packed: (and, FYI, this box went to FL from CA and only cost about $20 for ground shipping)

-Pull Ups
-Baby wipes (travel size packs, mostly for cleaning hands and faces after all those treats).
-Sunblock
-Snacks (goldfish, pretzels, dried fruit leather, Clif bars)
-Clorox wipes (for the room)
-LOTS of toiletries.
-plastic spoons, straws, and forks
-Antibacterial hand wipes

For a baby, you can also pack those disposable sippy cups/straw cups, as well as disposable bibs, swim diapers, etc.

This is the best way to do it. Whatever you don't use up you can either bring back home in luggage, or the resort can help you pack it back up and mail it home.

To answer your other question about diapers, they carry only Huggies brand. Not much of a selection at all, but if you run out, they'll do. I'd recommend bringing TWICE what you "think" you'll need.

MonoMan
06-07-2010, 06:50 PM
We went twice when our son was in diapers. We bought him a seat on the airline both times, so we used his luggage and just packed it full of diapers, wipes, cups, sunscreen, first aid items, ect. There was still plenty of room for all his clothing and the weight wasn't an issue since clean diapers don't weigh much. On the way back it gave us extra space to bring back all the things we purchased.

I've heard many people mailing packages to the resort prior to their arrival; however, I was too nervous and unwilling to risk getting down there to find our that our package would be the one misplaced.

We also use Quicksilver Town Car Service and take advantage of the free grocery stop, it allows us to pick up certain foods and drinks we like to have and I've also picked up baby related items there.

The baby centers located in the theme parks also sell diapers and other things you made need if you find yourself running short on something.

Have a great trip!

Pirate Granny
06-07-2010, 10:00 PM
For diapers and such we use Garden Grocers and they deliver for $20 to the hotel...if it's over a certain amount...delivery is free...we order all our food also, as we take ME and do not have a car service to take us to the grocery store. Also, since most airlines are charging for luggage, the delivery charge is cheaper than another piece of luggage.
:pirate:

Fastpasssteve
06-07-2010, 10:37 PM
If you send a box ahead of your arrival (which sounds like the best/most economical idea), be sure to send it to your home resort directly and
be sure to label the box on several sides:

YOUR NAME
NAME OF HOME RESORT
THE DATES OF YOUR STAY
and the words
HOLD FOR ARRIVAL

kakn7294
06-08-2010, 12:49 AM
We went a couple of times with babies in diapers / toddlers in pull-ups. We figured out how many we used in an average day at home and packed at least that many plus 2 extra for every day. I packed them in the regular suitcase and used the space they took up for bringing purchases home. There is a limited selection available at the resorts and baby care centers if your run out.

AmandaChan
06-20-2010, 12:36 PM
thanks everyone for the suggestions, thanks fastpasssteve for the good idea!

mailing a box of everything essential sounds like the best idea so far

MinniesMom
06-20-2010, 11:25 PM
We went a couple of times with babies in diapers / toddlers in pull-ups. We figured out how many we used in an average day at home and packed at least that many plus 2 extra for every day. I packed them in the regular suitcase and used the space they took up for bringing purchases home. There is a limited selection available at the resorts and baby care centers if your run out.

We've traveled multiple times w/little ones in diapers (not only to Disney but all over the world) and have always done this too. It works best for us because of the same reason, leaves perfect space for bringing purchases home! When we pack, we usually pack unopened diaper pkgs because their more condensed and if we need extra, we put them in the diaper bag which is "carry-on" or stuff them in suitcase pockets. We've found that with all three kids, if going somewhere for a week, we've never needed more than one "condensed-plastic wrapped" pack and a few extra in the diaper bag.

rmfreder
06-21-2010, 09:14 AM
We learned a couple of trips ago that the Baby Care Centers only carry up to a size 4 diaper and they are very expensive to buy if you run out. I want to say a 20 pack of diapers cost us $10.

Rekenna
06-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Hello, fellow tri-stater!

I have used Garden Grocer, service was perfect. Diapers were not too over priced, we also ordered juice, wipes, milk, etc. It was very convenient.

The diapers at the resort stores are in very small packs and pretty pricey.

Have a great time!:mickey:

eandrsmom
06-22-2010, 12:45 PM
We used Garden Grocer as well. I was very happy with their service. In addition to diapers and baby food, we ordered two cases of bottled water. It was much less expensive than buying water in the parks.

tdk316
06-25-2010, 01:41 PM
We shipped a box last year and are planning on doing it again. Not having the extra luggage at the airport is priceless for us. We do take ME but pick up our luggage before boarding due to several problems in the past.

Another bonus of sending the box is all of that stuff is checked off of my "to pack" list at least a week before we leave so it seems like I'm less rushed and worried about forgetting something for the kids. :D

KAT1811
06-25-2010, 02:36 PM
I am a mother of 4 who has taken every child to WDW in diapers. On our last trip DS was 8 months and we had a lot of "stuff" to bring! We just packed a cardboard box with all of our baby supplies. Baby food, diapers, wipes, swim diapers, juice cups, baby snacks, infant Motrin & Tylenol, baby float for the pool, sunscreen, formula, bottle inserts, bottles . . . We were in the World for 18 days so needless to say we brought everything!!!

I looked into shipping the box and found that it was just about the same price to bring it with us. I was also leary to ship it heaven forbid it got lost in transit or misplaced once it arrived. Baby "stuff" isn't cheap and we really needed everything in the box. So I prefer our box travel with us. I can't even imagine having to purchase everything upon arrival. :sick: I am aware that the airlines could lose it as well but I figure I'd rather take my chances on a direct flight.

Like other PPs have stated replacing diapers (or anything baby related) is expensive in WDW. We use Target brand diapers during the day and Pampers at night for added protection as little man leaks at night otherwise. We ran out on our last trip and had to buy a package in WDW on our last day it was expensive. I could have bought a large box at home for what I paid there.