PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Dessert Party

Jeri Lynn
06-07-2010, 07:32 AM
I am going to WDW in October. When will they announce if there will be a Wishes Dessert Party during this month, and do they offer it during the Halloween Party?

Thanks!

Pirate Granny
06-07-2010, 01:34 PM
I called a couple of weeks ago, and two different CM's in the ADR phone line said that it was extended until end of September, but there was no availability? But when I called to check and see if there was a cancellation yesterday, the CM in ADR said that it was only scheduled until August 14th. So...who knows

BUT, what I do know is that last year, when it was extended, I went during MNSSHP...it was Wonderful...so...keep checking the phone line. I'm trying to get one in September for the party myself...

:pirate:

Jeri Lynn
06-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks so much for the info!! I'll keep checking!

btown
06-07-2010, 03:46 PM
I booked the dessert party a few weeks ago when I heard about it. I hate fighting for a place to see the fireworks. We are eating dinner at GGrill at 4pm and then heading to wishes at 9pm. Hope we save some room for dessert. When I did call, they advisor was very unsure and had to look up info/details about it. So sounds like fairly new and maybe they are planning it month by month! We leave in 3 weeks so I will post info about it!

DisneyDudet
06-07-2010, 04:53 PM
We are actually going to do the party this Thursday!!!!! I will post info after I get back, or while there.

From what I understand, they are only scheduled until August. I think they will only do a few months out. I called about a month ago to get into ours, and I gave 2 dates and both had availability. They ran it last year, so it may just go in spurts.

Pirate Granny
06-07-2010, 10:28 PM
It is very tasty...we had a late lunch and the dessert party was our dinner...they also have coffee, tea, and lemonaide...and desserts other than chocolate...all were very tasty and the viewing area for the fireworks was PERFECT. They will charge your credit card when you make the reservation. NO refund if you don't cancel 24 hours in advance. And they will tape your name to your table...so when you arrive there are three sections A-B-C and they'll tell you what section and you wander off to find your table...no moving tables, which is why your name is taped down to the table (maybe so it won't fly away too)...and there are only as many chairs around the table as you reserved. Most tables were the same size for 1-4 people (round)...there were some rectangle tables for larger groups. You are not allowed to move your table or chairs and bring them to the rail to watch the fireworks. There was also a photo-pass person there to take your picture if you wanted. It's just a shame that they keep raising the price...each time they stop and then re-start they've raised the price either $2 or $3 a head. Waiting for them to extend past Aug 14th (hopefully).
:pirate:

Renfairwedding
06-07-2010, 10:57 PM
My Wife and I loved the party last December. Disney was so nice to supply real NY December temps along with a nice cold drizzle and rain. :freeze::rain:

Since the weather was bad many people did not show so it almost like we had the place to ourselves.

OH and all the treats were awesome!!!! :thumbsup:

Thinking about it now, I am not sure but I think the snow on Main Street was real... :mickey: LOL