PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Music

pianobabe
06-06-2010, 07:21 PM
For our upcoming trip we are going to be staying at Music. We had originally booked for POFQ, but because of money we had to change to a value. I have stayed at Movies and Pop before and enjoyed it. I just want to pout about not staying at POFQ again. I keep telling myself to look at it as getting to stay at a new resort and that we are still getting to go to Disney. But, I just want to cry. Please tell me all the things that you like about All-Star Music so I won't feel so depressed.

Pirate Granny
06-06-2010, 08:05 PM
We've stayed there a few times...I like it...especially to walk around at night and look at the various buildings. I guess the most important thing is that you are GOING...regardless...I love FQ...but just how often do I get a chance to relax at the resort...we are always go-go-going...

I know you will have a wonderful time. And do look at it that you 'want' to explore every resort and so you can cross this off your list.
:pirate:

forever a child
06-06-2010, 08:12 PM
For our upcoming trip we are going to be staying at Music. We had originally booked for POFQ, but because of money we had to change to a value. I have stayed at Movies and Pop before and enjoyed it. I just want to pout about not staying at POFQ again. I keep telling myself to look at it as getting to stay at a new resort and that we are still getting to go to Disney. But, I just want to cry. Please tell me all the things that you like about All-Star Music so I won't feel so depressed.

I have not stayed at ASMu before so I can't say much about the resort. But I can tell you this, the same thing happened to me for our May trip this year. We were planning to stay at POR and I had to downgrade to POP because of $. I was really sad about it but decided to just be happy that we were going. And although I still would have rather been at the moderate resort...DD and I had the best trip we have ever had at WDW! We enjoyed ourselves so much and had such a great time together. So I would keep that in mind. As long as you remind yourself that you are in Disney and enjoy exploring your new surroundings then you will have a great time and enjoy your resort and vacation. We actually decided that we would just try to visit every resort at least once so it means we have choices in all three levels no matter what our budget and I am glad we did it that way!:thumbsup:

Have a great visit:mickey:

Alaska Disney Fan
06-06-2010, 08:53 PM
We love ASMu, sorry we are trying POFQ this time around, but will be back to ASMu next year. One thing I like about it is that at night they run a movie at the pool from about 8:30 to 10:30. it's a nice way to relax at night if your not at the parks late. I don't know of another place that does this. The life guards are also very active in the afternoon with Music playing, dancing and games. At least you will be at Disney World :thumbsup: so enjoy!

Tinker Fan
06-06-2010, 09:03 PM
All Star Music is our favorite valur resort, we have been there 3 times. It is a really fun resort with fun activities and movies during the day and at night. We had a preffered room right next to the pool and weren't bothered by the noise at night at all. I don't think you will be disappointed and to just be going to WDW is awesome. We have stayed at POR and loved that resort to as well as ASMU so enjoy your trip.:mickey:

pianobabe
06-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks everyone. I am sure we will have a great time. I have been looking at more and more pictures on Intercot (and I dare say "other sites"), and Music looks nice. It will be DH and I going to celebrate our anniversary and my 40th birthday.
Sometimes life happens and you don't always get your way. I guess I just need to "put on my big girl panties and get over it".

5MemphisTiggers
06-07-2010, 12:41 AM
AS Music is fun. It's hard for me to compare any value resort to any moderate, but you'll be fine. The rooms are clean and the food court is fine. We've stayed in Calypso when we've gone, and it's very convenient to the pool, food court and transportation. Poolside rooms can be a little noisy, but the other rooms were very quiet at night. Best of all, you still get to go to the same parks. ;)

If you're still really upset about it, I'll be glad to take your vacation off your hands! :D

CosmicRay
06-07-2010, 01:36 AM
I have stayed at CBR and it is more adult oriented but after that trip, we tried all the All Star resorts and enjoyed it just as much. We love the fun atmosphere, but also if we always say, we'd rather spend money on the souvenirs and pay less for the room that we are just mainly sleeping in. We stayed at ASMu this past December again and was just enjoying our surroundings. I'm sure once you get there, you will be happy!

MOJoe
06-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I consider myself more of a Mod and Deluxe guy, but a couple of years back i decided to save some money and stay at Music. I was a little apprehensive, having never stayed at a Value, but my fears proved to be unfounded.

I liked the Theming, and enjoyed the pools. The food court had a good variety, and there were no complaints from the family.

The only things i didn't like was the long walk from the Rockin Roll section we were in, and the overall busy vibe. I prefer my resort to be an oasis from the hustle of the parks. But Music was constantly busy. Not crazy busy, but not nearly as relaxing as POFQ or my favorite Epcot resorts.

All in all it was a good trip, and if the choice was a Value resort or no trip, then it's value all the way. Of course it's not my first choice, but hey, like The Stones sing, "You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need." :rocker:

allirae
06-07-2010, 05:11 PM
We've stayed at all of the Values, and ASMu is our favorite. Having stayed in most of the buildings, we like Broadway the best. It's just cute the way it's set up to look like a street in NY (idealized as it may be ;)). We also love the fountain you pass on the way to the main building - surrounded by roses, lit up in the evening, and very serene in the early mornings. It's not as close to the main building as some of the others, but we always drive and are not as concerned with catching buses. Have a great time!

pianobabe
06-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks everyone!!! I really appreciate all the comments. Music has always been important to me, so I think I will enjoy all the little touches the resort has.

If you're still really upset about it, I'll be glad to take your vacation off your hands! :D

One of the reasons for the downgrade is, I am going to have to have surgery and the difference in the resorts is about what our deductible is. If you are willing to have the surgery for me, we'll talk about you taking the vacation instead!!:laughing:

Fastpasssteve
06-07-2010, 10:25 PM
When I was a young child, we took vacations during some summers...not all. My father was a blue-collar worker and did not get paid vacation. So, ironically, we only took vacation when he was laid-off (when we had no money coming in). This made for a lot of trips filled with cheaper motels, inexpensive eats, and visiting relatives. When we went to visit the California relatives, our one day highlight of the trip was a one-day visit to Disneyland (a splurge). So, it is a blessing to be able to spend more than one day in WDW.

Looking back on it now, I see that it was less about where we stayed, but that we were there together, as a family. There are some good times and experiences we wouldn't have had if we had been in more comfortable or exalted surroundings.

Remember where one spends most of one's time...in the Parks themselves. The last trip down to WDW, we ran ourselves ragged...I was just glad to land in a bed at the end of the day. I would have been thankful to sleep on a lounge chair out by the pool!

mickeyman42
06-08-2010, 08:06 AM
I love ASMu! We have stayed there twice before. I love the short walk to the food court and buses. I enjoy the food court selections. I enjoy the bus system as we have never had a long wait for a bus, never had to wait for a 2nd bus and have never experienced "shared" buses with the other resorts going to the parks. I love that it feels quieter than the other values. Overall, I would never consider staying at a different value. Also like to add that originally we had booked to stay the the ASMo but were bumped over to music because of a large group, which was the only reason we tried it in the first place, so go and enjoy!

ETA that we have stayed in the broadway and jazz sections and have loved both locations

5MemphisTiggers
06-08-2010, 01:06 PM
One of the reasons for the downgrade is, I am going to have to have surgery and the difference in the resorts is about what our deductible is. If you are willing to have the surgery for me, we'll talk about you taking the vacation instead!!:laughing:

While I appreciate the offer . . . :unsure:

In all seriousness, I certainly hope your surgery goes well. In my opinion, you picked a great place to recoup! Best of luck and enjoy your trip! :mickey:

pianobabe
06-08-2010, 11:12 PM
When I was a young child, we took vacations during some summers...not all. My father was a blue-collar worker and did not get paid vacation. So, ironically, we only took vacation when he was laid-off (when we had no money coming in). This made for a lot of trips filled with cheaper motels, inexpensive eats, and visiting relatives. When we went to visit the California relatives, our one day highlight of the trip was a one-day visit to Disneyland (a splurge). So, it is a blessing to be able to spend more than one day in WDW.

Looking back on it now, I see that it was less about where we stayed, but that we were there together, as a family. There are some good times and experiences we wouldn't have had if we had been in more comfortable or exalted surroundings.

Remember where one spends most of one's time...in the Parks themselves. The last trip down to WDW, we ran ourselves ragged...I was just glad to land in a bed at the end of the day. I would have been thankful to sleep on a lounge chair out by the pool!

Thank you for that reminder. I really needed that.

With all the positive things everyone has said, I am really feeling good about (and looking forward to) Music now. It is about getting to spend this time with DH celebrating our anniversary and my birthday. I know we will have a wonderful time. Thank you all so very much.

AllDisney
06-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Fastpasssteve....awesome memory.

Think we ALL need reminders about how fortunate we all are to be able vacation at WDW. You know.....once you get to the parks you have NO idea where on property the person next to you is staying.

Enjoy the journey:number1:

pianobabe
06-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks so much to everyone!!!

TheVBs
06-12-2010, 07:26 PM
We have stayed at this resort for the last 5 trips and we have never had a bad experience there! Our girls really love it there, they love the pool, they love the dance party by the pool, the movies in the evening, they games in the afternoon. You'll have a blast! :mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
06-12-2010, 08:22 PM
aww...no need to feel glum!

I feel like ANY WDW hotel/resort is light-years above any other place you could stay! Sure we'd all love to stay at a higher end hotel, but lets face it : value resorts give you everything you need and then some. If anything, since more people stay at values, you are more likely to bump into some great people there. I have met nice, fun people each time I've stayed at value resorts.

They say it's all what you make of it...but not necessarily. You always seem to have fun and get a great experience at values. I have only had one negative issue, and it wasnt enough to make the stay a bad one. Have fun for all of us, and bring back some good stories too! We love hearing them!
:mickey:

wdwvacationeer
06-13-2010, 10:32 AM
We have stayed at ASMU a few times now and have had only good experiences- friendly cast members, clean rooms, and the layout is convenient. Also, because the All Stars tend to be fairly busy resorts, it seems like the buses run regularly to meet the needs of having so many people in comparison to some of the other resorts we have stayed at. Because our four children are of varying ages and all have different ideas about where to stay, we try different resorts at their requests (we would like to, eventually try them all); however, if it were up to my youngest daughter, we would always stay at ASMU. It's her favorite!