PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas to partition off resort room?

DunkinNut
06-06-2010, 02:07 PM
We are traveling to The Wonderful World on June 15 for 9 days. We will be staying at The Dolphin and will have my 16 year old daughter's friend with us. She has traveled with us in the past...but now that they are 16....I'd kind of like a little more division between the 2 beds at night time.....just so we feel a little more private space.

I was looking up different kinds of room dividers that are easily transported but thought I'd check with the Disney EXPERTS here to see if anyone here has any ideas! TIA

:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

DunkinNut
06-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Sorry to have put this in the wrong spot...I always think that sort of thing sounds like planning! LOL

brownie
06-06-2010, 04:07 PM
I'd check with the hotel first to see if they have anything available. Why buy something if the hotel has something you can use?

faline
06-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Sorry to have put this in the wrong spot...I always think that sort of thing sounds like planning! LOL

Sometimes it can be either but since you had an accommodations specific question, I moved it over here!

jkjs
06-08-2010, 11:47 PM
The only thing that I can think of that would really work is to change to a mod or value & get 2 connecting rms.

Fastpasssteve
06-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Well, if you want to create a room divider in a hotel room, we need to first, and foremost, not damage the room itself in our efforts to create privacy. I immediately thought about those emergency lightweight foil blankets...

And they are cheap. They weigh 3 ounces. You can connect them together with those big office clips and some string...hook them to the lights that are often hanging on the wall between the two beds and then affix the other end to something...probably by the TV. Best of luck to you.

Renfairwedding
06-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Please be carful attaching any thing to a light fixture. Anything flammable could become a fire hazard if heat were to build up.

Worst case scenario and if my memory serves me right the fire sprinkler is side wall penetrating and works spraying across the room. If you block the middle of the room you could block the reach of the spray to the far side of the space.

The safety of the room was designed for as you see it without obstructions

That was way to much grown up thought fo me in one day. lol... Please be safe and have a whole lot of fun no matter what! :mickey:

minnie-mouse
06-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Buy a couple of flat bed sheets before you go and thumb tack them to the ceiling.

TheRustyScupper
06-09-2010, 11:26 PM
1) Clark Gable used a blanket on a clothes line.
2) Claudette Colbert didn't seem to mind.

wdwfansince75
06-10-2010, 08:46 AM
1) Clark Gable used a blanket on a clothes line.
2) Claudette Colbert didn't seem to mind.

Most 16 year olds today don't know who Clark Gable or Claudette Colbert were!

Back on subject....Some of the above may work for one or two nights, but will get old by the end of the first 7 days...since you are almost certainly driving, consider using the tail gate pop ups....If you have a pop up canopy, (I could find a USC or Clemson one for you) bring it, and just use it in a two dimensional sense, like a fence, rather than as a tent...sets up and folds up quickly, and stores out of the way.

TammiMcMan
06-10-2010, 10:54 AM
I would definitely not recommend attaching anything to the walls or ceiling that would hold sheets or anything else. If it causes damage, you'd be liable for the repair costs. I would really try to find something that can stand on it's own.

Djscherr
06-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Why not try some of those command adhesive hooks that are supposed to not damage walls when you remove them (I use them as bathroom hooks and they hold big soggy towels so they can take some weight) and use the mylar blankets and string, or even bring a flat sheet from home and tie it up to the hooks?

Polynesian Dweller
06-10-2010, 12:24 PM
I can tell you from my hotelier background you must absolutely not do anything that could cause any kind of damage and you must absolutely not do anything that violates fire codes. In both cases, the worst case scenario is being evicted from the hotel and paying any repair costs.

That means no tacks in ceilings, no tape, and even things that say they don't damage walls. Anything that leaves even superficial marks may require extra cleanup by the hotel and you will be billed for that.

On the fire code side, attaching to the lights is not allowed. As another post said, the sprinkler system cannot be blocked which means nothing hanging from the ceiling. It's about everyone's safety not just the people in that room. And of course, nothing can be done that blocks anyone from egress from the room.

Your best bet is to contact the hotel for their recommendation. Some hotels have approved dividers available but, since fire codes vary far from all and many jurisdictions don't allow any sort of divider.

Sorry if that sounds rigid but fire codes are and hotels have very little leeway in observing them.