PDA

View Full Version : Need a new restaraunt to try...

pokeyw
06-05-2010, 05:41 PM
We are wanting to try something a little different for dinner this trip and would like some "reviews" of the following places. We haven't eaten at any of them so all input would be greatly appreciated. There will be 4 of us - Me, hubby, DD-8, DS-5.
1. Il Mulino
2. Flying Fish
3. Blue Zoo
Thanks! :mickey:

pokeyw
06-06-2010, 09:02 PM
I know that these aren't the "typical" restaurants, that's why I need a little help. Anything would be appreciated. :)

Maleficent's Dad
06-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Wow have you chosen some very, very good places to dine. Tough decision to make...

I've eaten at all three.

My favorite is the Flying Fish.
The best "experience" my family had (of the three) was at Il Mulino.
And we've never had anything sub-par at Blue Zoo.

FF is louder than the others. It's also brighter. It happens to be my fave as I am a huge fan of the fancy fish dishes they put out. I never take the menu, just order the "Chef's Thunder."

Il Mulino - wow what an experience we had here... there were 9 of us and the bill was just north of the stratosphere for that one, but we dined like kings... Our service was absolutely spot-on for this place and the filet mignon was fork tender...

Blue Zoo is the odd-man out. Creative yet delicious dishes. Kind of a "new wave" or "in" type of place with fancy lighting. Few kids, lots of fancily dressed couples. Felt more formal than the other two, but the food is to die for...

I know I'm not helping matters, but you really can't go wrong at any of the three. None are cheap. The atmosphere in all three differs. But the food will please some of the most hardened critics, imo.

hlkeck
06-07-2010, 07:08 AM
I liked Il Mulino, but we didn't have the sort of outstanding service that the previous poster had. There were four of us and we all enjoyed our meals there.

SBETigg
06-07-2010, 08:27 AM
I also love Flying Fish. Fun place, wonderful food. I also usually get the Chef's Thunder dishes, and I love the key lime dessert.

cinderellagrl
06-07-2010, 01:49 PM
My family and I love Blue Zoo! Everything we had there was delicious! We especially loved their signature cocktail! Something with vodka infused blueberries! Yummy!

ThanxForNoticin
06-08-2010, 12:17 PM
We can give you big 'thumbs-up' for both Blue Zoo and Flying Fish. Can't help with Il Mulino. Blue Zoo was absolutely amazing. Flying Fish was also very good for us. I wouldn't hesitate to return to either - or recommend both. Enjoy!