PDA

View Full Version : Can I extend my vacation?

Guya103
06-05-2010, 02:34 PM
We have booked 10 nights at CBR beginning on August 26th. We are toying with the idea of lengthening our stay but can only do so by adding on earlier, not staying later. Can I add on to the beginning without making new reservations? I don't want to have to do a new package because I already have 10 day passes and don't want to have to pay for an entire new set just to get the free dining.

Basically, I want to keep our same package and want to pay for more nights at the resort with the benefit of free dining. Can I do it?

Strmchsr
06-05-2010, 03:10 PM
I don't think you can do that without canceling the old reservation and starting a n ew one. Check with Magical Journeys (or Disney) to confirm on that one.

goofygirl67
06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
I had no problems doing it in May. I was working in St. Pete and didn't want to drive back to Jax and the next day to WDW. I called and added an extra night. 2 days before I was to go, we finished work early and I called again and added another night with no problem.
Hopefully you won't have any problems either.

olivegirl
06-05-2010, 05:48 PM
I had no problem at all!! We added 2 days to our existing reservation (for Aug). We kept the same reserv. number. :thumbsup:

KAT1811
06-07-2010, 10:19 AM
We've never had any trouble adding days on to our vacations. Good luck!!!

TammiMcMan
06-07-2010, 05:03 PM
I had no problem at all!! We added 2 days to our existing reservation (for Aug). We kept the same reserv. number. :thumbsup:I think the OP's situation is a little bit different, but the outcome will be similar;) . Should be no problem adding on nights, provided the resort has the rooms of course. Because they don't want to extend the package, it would be booked as a separate room only reservation. The only drawback, is that someone will need to go through the process of checking out and checking back in again to generate the package vouchers and there's a small chance they'd have to change rooms.

ibrowse17
06-07-2010, 05:38 PM
We have added days to our stay both before we got to Disney, and while we were there. The only problem we ever had when adding days while there was having to change rooms, but that only happened once. The other times we added days while already at Disney, we did not have to move. Good luck:thumbsup:

Guya103
06-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Okay, but can someone please clarify? I want to add on days to the beginning and not use my park passes ten consecutive days. Doing this, am I able to get the free dining for the days I am not in the park? I have already purchased ten day passes so I don't want to have to start over with new park passes just to get free dining for the days I would add on. :mickey:

PopPhan
06-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Okay, but can someone please clarify? I want to add on days to the beginning and not use my park passes ten consecutive days. Doing this, am I able to get the free dining for the days I am not in the park? I have already purchased ten day passes so I don't want to have to start over with new park passes just to get free dining for the days I would add on. :mickey:

You can use your park tickets however you wish as long as you use the allotment within 14 days of first use or purchase the No Expiration option.

Park Tickets have absolutely NOTHING to do with Dining - Free or Otherwise, except that there is a rule that you must purchase at least a two day base MYW ticket in order to get teh dining plan offer.

The Dining Plan credits are based on your number of NIGHTS reserved in a WDW resort.

Tink1
06-07-2010, 08:11 PM
You can book up to 14 nights on the same package IF there are rooms available.

You should be able to add 4 more nights on with free dining AND keep your passes as is.

You do not need a seperate reservation.

Nanc

TammiMcMan
06-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Basically, I want to keep our same package and want to pay for more nights at the resort with the benefit of free dining. Can I do it?Sorry, I skimmed the post and didn't read that you have free dining booked :blush: . If you made the reservations on your own with Disney, just call the CRO number. "If" there are any problems, ask them to transfer you to guest services. They should be able to help you out.

Guya103
06-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Thank you all so much!!!:mickey: