PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickeys

jenn03
06-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Has anyone been to Chef Mickeys lately for lunch? Did you enjoy it? We're thinking about taking the kids there in October. Ages two one year olds and one two year old. Is this a good recomendation for them?

cajunmickey
06-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Just got back last week. We were all adults and enjoyed Chef Mickey's very much. Hadn't been since the kids were little. It was quite pricey but worth it in my opinion.They do not serve lunch only breakfast and supper. The buffet for supper was very good they have food that adults would love and kids favorites. The interaction with the characters was great.:mickey: Our table had a very nice view of MK.

Fastpasssteve
06-05-2010, 12:18 AM
This is an all-time favorite for families with small children. By all meanst, try to make breakfast or dinner a priority here. It is not my favorite, but I am a crusty adult, however, the food is good enough there for me to not complain. Chef Mickey is all about the character interaction and the exciting environment.

Plus, I would take the Monorail to the Contemporary (where Chef Mickey is) because the Monorail drives right THROUGH the resort's atrium! I have never fully recovered from the coolness of this..although now, I arrive for dinner at the California Grill.

disneykid@hrt
06-05-2010, 12:32 AM
I went with my 2 year old for dinner in January. I didn't think the food was that great (Not BAD, per se). Nothing special, and not as good as other buffets I've been to at Disney. HOWEVER... for the youngsters its not to be missed! Despite the food we will be returning . Last time we had our dinner, took the monorail over to MK (left our car at CR), made some Mickey ears at La Chapeau, found a PERFECT spot for Wishes, and then took the monorail back to CR. It turned out to be a GREAT night and I am hoping to repeat the experience next January. (Including another pair of custom :mickey: )

disney_daddy
06-07-2010, 01:21 PM
We just came back from a Disney trip in May, and was very disappointed in the food. Will most likely not go back, but in your case with the ages of you children, I'd still go. It's still a great place to get pictures and autographs.

Ropachs
06-07-2010, 02:27 PM
We did breakfast at Chef Mickey's and thought the food was average, which was fine for us. The characters were great, had enough time with all of them and the napkin-waving parade is just plain fun. Only complaint was that we had to wait quite a while after our ADR to be seated.