PDA

View Full Version : Week of Dec. 6th

missymouseworld
06-04-2010, 08:54 PM
I have a family member looking to travel to WDW this week and the PIN they got does not include this date and I was wondering if there was anything going on that would black out that week?

DisneyPrincess21
06-04-2010, 09:03 PM
I have a family member looking to travel to WDW this week and the PIN they got does not include this date and I was wondering if there was anything going on that would black out that week?

There is the pop warner, but that shouldn't affect their pin code. Their particular pin code could just have that date blacked out for no particular reason. I have a pin code that is good all the way through December 16th. They each have their different black out dates.

disneymom15
06-05-2010, 09:51 AM
My pin code is also blacked out for that week. It also happens to be the week that we're going.

pego79
06-07-2010, 06:16 PM
We are also going that week and my travel agent said it is most likely due to Pop Warner being there and that most of their rooms are probably already filled, so no need to offer a discount for that week.

disneymom15, where are you staying? We're at the Poly for six nights! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
06-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Is that week busy because of Pop Warner? If we go, that would be the week.

pego79
06-08-2010, 12:06 AM
RedSoxFan, my travel agent said that the whole Pop Warner group stays at the value resorts and they spend most of their time at Wide World of Sports during the day doing cheerleading stuff. I didn't realize when we planned our trip that it was Pop Warner week and we can't change our dates, so hopefully the parks won't be too bad.

RAIDER
06-08-2010, 03:27 AM
Sorry i am from the UK and i will be over in WDW from the 5th Dec for 2 weeks .
But what is POP WARNER and how long does it last ???

faline
06-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Sorry i am from the UK and i will be over in WDW from the 5th Dec for 2 weeks .
But what is POP WARNER and how long does it last ???

Pop Warner is youth football and cheerleading. Every year, they hold their championships at the Wide World of Sports at Disney. Event dates for 2010 will be December 4th through the 11th. Most stay in the value resorts though there is some spillover into the moderates. The largest impact is on the resorts where the teams and the adults accompanying them stay. There is little impact on attendance at the parks.

Ropachs
06-08-2010, 09:17 AM
That's our week too, so glad to hear there will be little impact on the parks...thanks Faline!

SurferStitch
06-08-2010, 12:12 PM
We've gone that week in 2006, 2007 and 2009. Each year saw steadily growing and larger crowds. 2009 (12/2 - 12/13) was actually pretty busy, but we had a blast and awesome weather. Popular rides had regular wait times of 60-120 minutes (TSM, Soarin', RnRC, Peter Pan, Astro Orbiter, Test Track, EE, etc.).

Pop Warner crowds weren't much of an impact, but they were everywhere, and didn't thin out much after the competitions were over. We saw groups in the parks the entire 12 days we were there. I think a lot of them are starting to add a vacation to the end of the competition.

We also had a totally obnoxious crew of 5 girls and two adult women on the monorail one night. We were headed from the Poly to the CR for dinner at Cali Grill, and they were in the same car as us. The moms were yelling and chanting, and couldn't talk without screaming (like piercing your eardrum screaming). We were dressed up very nicely for dinner, and the girls were making snide comments about me and my attire (I was in a very nice strapless cocktail dress with heels, DH in a dress shirt and slacks). Even the moms were chiming in. It took every ounce of restraint I had not to call them out for what they were. I won't say it here, either. :blush:

bouncer
06-08-2010, 08:44 PM
We are also going that week and my travel agent said it is most likely due to Pop Warner being there and that most of their rooms are probably already filled, so no need to offer a discount for that week.

disneymom15, where are you staying? We're at the Poly for six nights! :mickey:

Is there a mass exodus from WI that week? Our dates are 12/3 - 12/7 also staying at Poly. Maybe we'll run into each other!

pego79
06-09-2010, 12:25 AM
bouncer, where are you from in WI? I'm from Kenosha :)

familyof5
06-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Is there a mass exodus from WI that week? Our dates are 12/3 - 12/7 also staying at Poly. Maybe we'll run into each other!

Too funny! I'm from WI as well and my family of 5 plans on going Dec 5 -12th and staying at POR...BUT, I had no idea about this Pop Warner thing! I'm thinking of changing it to a bit later now :(

Good luck with your stay!

bouncer
06-09-2010, 11:50 PM
I've been there during Pop Warner before and was worried too. We really didn't see them except for a couple of occasions starting with the airport. Talk about really making me nervous! But honestly, I really didn't see them in the parks very much. As previously mentioned-they spend most of their time there at competition. (In answer to previous question - we are from West Bend, WI) See ya there :thumbsup:

Simba 1
06-14-2010, 10:11 PM
We were at WDW last year in Dec during Pop Warner for 10 days. We stayed at Port Orleans and it was CRAWLING with cheerleaders. The girls were well behaved overall, but the food courts were over run, the buses were beyond crowded, the lobby was noisy and busy at all hours and the pools were over flowing with the tween crowd. It was shrieking and giggling and running around at all hours. I felt like I was back in high school and my little girls (3 of them under 6) were indimidated by so many older kids. I don't fault Disney for booking the competition, or the girls for having a good time. But after that experience I will ALWAYS check first with a resort before booking to find out what kind of events are going on during our stay. We didn't have much of an issue in the parks, but the resort experience was less than desireable. I don't know if school groups stay at deluxe resorts but they most certainly stay at the moderates as well as the value resorts.