PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney AMC now offering Sensory-Friendly Screenings

NotaGeek
06-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Sensory-Friendly Films Now Playing at the Downtown Disney® District

The AMC Theatres® in the Downtown Disney® District is offering special monthly screenings of Sensory-Friendly Films to give families affected by autism a safe, accepting place to enjoy their favorite first-fun films. During the Saturday morning events, the auditorium lights will be turned up, the film's sound will be turned down and audience members are invited to get up, walk, shout or sing!

2010 Sensory-Friendly Films Include*:
June 26 Toy Story 3
July 17 Despicable Me
August 7 Cats & Dogs 2
September 25 Guardians of Ga'Hoole
October 9 The Zookeeper

All showtimes are select Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. Annual Passholders receive a 10% discount at the Downtown Disney District AMC Theatres.
As a leading theatrical exhibition company, AMC is proud to help make a difference for the estimated 1.5 million Americans living with an autism spectrum disorder. Visit AMC Entertainment (http://www.amcentertainment.com/sff/) for more information about this program.

*Dates and films are subject to change.
Annual Passholder must present valid Annual Passport prior to the purchase to receive any applicable benefits and discounts. Benefits and discounts are nontransferable. Discounts apply only to a minimum purchase of ten dollars ($10), excluding taxes, fees, and gratuities. Disney is not responsible for fulfillment of this offer. Not valid in combination with any other discounts or promotions. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.

BrerGnat
06-04-2010, 03:36 PM
YES! YES! YES! YES! YEEEEEESSSS!!!!!!

Toy Story 3 on June 26, here we come!!!!

(YES!) :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
06-04-2010, 06:33 PM
I found this today -- I can't believe I missed it, they have been doing it since March!

BrerGnat
06-04-2010, 07:54 PM
That's okay. Thanks for posting. My kids are really only into Pixar movies anyway. Been waiting for TS3 but not sure my kids would be able to "handle" it in the theater.