PDA

View Full Version : PhanTim3 Countdown Clock on 64-bit OS

PopPhan
06-04-2010, 09:12 AM
I was running PhanTim3 on my computer at work, and recently received an upgrade machine running a 64-bit version of Windows XP. (Windows XP Professional x64 Edition - sp2)

The program acts like it starts, but the graphic counter never appears. Is there a version that has been tested against x64 or is there an INTERCOT approved/supported countdown timer for x64?

I really miss watching the days, hours, minutes, seconds...count down....:mickey:

Thanks!!

John
06-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Maybe a video driver issue? I just checked and I'm running it on my HP 64 bit main computer and also 64 bit Sony i7 laptop.

Working here - so I'd say 64 bit support is pretty solid.

Only thing I can suggest is uninstall/reinstall and checking to see whether you can update your video driver.

I can't see any other reason why it wouldn't work.

Wait - XP 64 bit? I was talking about Windows 7 64 bit. Unfortuantely I can't test XP 64 bit. Bummer.

PopPhan
06-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks, John. I have uninstalled and reinstalled; checked all driver settings; etc. to no avail.

I don't know if this may have any bearing on my situation or not -- I am running dual monitors with the primary on a digital line and the secondary on analog. The video on this new machine is NVidia Quadro FX 1800. The machine itself is an HP Z400 Workstation.

The company has yet to authorize Windows 7 for internal use - probably won't until the second or third service pack.

At least I can still watch the countdown at home....