PDA

View Full Version : We went again in May and it was DRY trip report day 4

luvDaMouse
06-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Cast me Dana & DH Tom
Tuesday 5-25
Last night after checking out the Boardwalk Bakery we stopped into the Screen Door to pick up cream for coffee and something for breakfast. We ended up picking up a box of Entenmanns donuts :blush:(really healthy I know) So when we woke up on Tuesday we had coffee and donuts for breakfast out on the balcony. The sun shined directly on us in the am so we needed sunglasses just to sit out there. It was nice though seeing people walk by in the morning getting ready for their day, watching them bring out the bicycles and listening to the boat horns. We were deciding what to do today, nice to not really have set plans. Fantasmic has 2 showings tonight and today is the only day for it while we are here. I don’t know how anyone else feels about them cutting down the shows but it creates such big crazy crowds now its almost not worth going to see, which is depressing :(cause its one of my favorite shows. (more on that later) anyway I did make a ADR for fultons for tonight but we decide to cancel. ( I made it mostly for dh as I do not like seafood but he loves it) He just did not want a big meal today. We decide to head to downtown to do a little shopping. Heading over to the bus stop ( our first bus trip since we got here) We get to DTD and head to the Christmas store first. I need to get my annual dated ornament I also found a cute Minnie tree topper, an ornament for each of my girls, and one for a present. The Christmas store is great I decided to have the tree topper shipped home so I don’t have to get it on the plane and they are very accommodating. We head to WOD and pick up some things there and this is where I see it...the bag, the Dooney and Bourk (sp?) bag. They have a couple different ones, I liked the brown one and the white one but they are so expensive, I just can’t spend that much on a bag :unsure: My dh said just get it, but I am just unsure I want to be sure I would use it every day because it is a large purchase for me .I ended up not getting it but I did stop and look at them in EVERY store I was in all week:secret: . I just couldn’t do it, but I did by a less expensive bag for about 26$. ( BTW the Dooney bags are about 200$ in case you want to know) After some shopping there and in the pantry we head back to the BW. Oh and while we were in downtown we had lunch at Earls (best sandwhiches on property IMO) We stopped at the DVC desk in the lobby and I RSVP for a members event at the BLT for Wed. This event is for DVC members only to get you to add on. I am checking into adding on anyway but I really wanted to tour BLT and see the top of the world lounge. (free fast passes too) We head back up to our room to drop our packages and relax a bit before heading over to eat dinner at Beaches and Cream. I always turn the tv on when we come into our room, not sure why but you all know what comes on when you turn the tv on in a Disney resort, STACY usually this does not bother me in fact I usually welcome it and end up watching it some each time (although I can almost recite it verbatim now) but the volume on this particular tv was sooo loud every time I turned it on its STACY YELLING! So I am hitting the volume button at the same time its kind of alarming in the am. Sorry, but that just popped in my mind as I was writing, where was I oh yea, after relaxing a bit we decide to head out to dinner we walk past Jellyrolls and those BIG hotels and head to Beach club. After a couple burgers and fries/onion rings we decide to take the boat to DHS we only went to DHS one day the whole trip we walked in and went to the animation show then walked down to the villain store looking for something Nightmare Before Christmas for my dd ( I didn’t find anything that I wanted) I got a rice crispy micky head, my first one I can’t believe I have never had one of these before it was very good. DH had a piece of chocolate and we sat on a bench and people watched. People, people everywhere all heading to Fantasmic. My dh said we should start heading up but I said nah we have time BOY WAS I WRONG, I remember last year we got there maybe a half hour before the show started and we had to sit on the end but we still got a seat. It is so uncomfortable sitting in those seats for an hour waiting for the show to start so we start heading up at about 8:30 for the 9pm show. All I can say is WOW!!! STANDING ROOM ONLY :jaw:I couldn’t believe it we got up there had to go to the back and there are three steps that are for standing. I have never seen it like that before I had no idea they even had a standing area??? Well we could have come back for the 10:30 show, but we figured we were here we might as well stay and watch so we stood and watched then made our way out with the crowd and walked back to the BW. When we were leaving we saw all the people lined up for the later show already. We decided to walk back to BW along the water instead of waiting for the boat, we ended up reaching BW before the boat even got there. I can’t believe the mayhem that limiting the Fantasmic shows causes it’s just crazy. You really need patience and it tests even the best of us, we saw a lot of people just push and cut in front of people :shake:,I had no children with me but you really need to keep an eye on them in those huge crowds. Back to our room we sat on the balcony for a little while listening to the Boardwalk sounds then off to bed.
Up tomorrow BLT tour and Animal Kingdom
Thanks for reading,
Dana

mouseketeer mom
06-04-2010, 06:38 AM
I love breakfast on the balcony people watching. What a relaxing start to the day!
Any day that has Beaches n Cream in it is a good one also!
Agreed about the hoopla that goes along with Fantasmic. We can't be bothered. Kind of wipes out the vacation feeling, if you ask me. We too, have skipped it the past few trips.

MizMissy
06-04-2010, 11:17 AM
After such a relaxing trip, I agree with your decision to forego the craziness of Fantasmic. It seems with the addition of TSM, DHS is now crazy busy, so I will never understand their decision for the shortened Fantasmic schedule. We also missed Fantasmic this trip ... when I was was booking my ADRs, Fantasmic only had two showings and I wasn't willing to work my ADRs around that schedule because I knew it would be packed. They later added additional shows on the same evening, but it still didn't work in our schedule.

I'm also with you on the bag. I could not spend the money. However, if DH would have bought it for me (with me closing my eyes on the price) .... :secret:

The BW sounds great. I would love to try it one day.

faline
06-04-2010, 11:33 AM
What a nice, relaxed flow you're having on this trip!

Didn't you know that donuts qualify as health food while on vacation?!

Sorry you couldn't get a seat for Fantasmic. I probably would have skipped it. As a short person - standing room only usually doesn't work very well for me!

pdrlkr
06-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
06-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Another great report and I agree about Fantasmic.

KylesMom
06-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Somehow I skipped your Day 4 & went right to Day 5, Dana!

Great morning, eating donuts on the balcony, soaking in that Disney sun with nowhere to go in a hurry. :thumbsup: I couldn't agree with you more, I could spend hours (and a fortune) at Disney's Christmas Store!

Yes, Fantasmic! was crowded each time in the summer before they went to limited show dates. Now it's just crazy. We've seen SRO on many occasions, but now it's not only the last minute arrivals but folks that arrive in plenty of time for the show, too! I'm sorry you missed it.

All in all, another very relaxing and enjoyable day for you! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
06-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Nice vacation! Kind of cool to have no hard and fast plans for each day.
In regards to Fantasmic, the limited showings guarantee crazy crowd levels. I normally vote to skip Fantasmic (as it's my least favorite of the night time shows) we then can hop to take in WISHES! or Illuminations again.

DizNee143
06-10-2010, 02:42 PM
great day at downtown disney doing some shopping..the dooney bags are pretty nice and are of typical price for that brand..whenever i get down there again i wanna look at them in person! anyways..sorry fantastmic was a bit crazy and what not..hopefully disney will eventually change it so fantasmic shows a bit more..:mickey:

#1disneyfan
06-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Don't worry about those Entenmann's...I am sure you walked them off and then some ;).

Thanks for sharing.

thejens
06-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Enjoying your reports and agreeing with lots! Yes! to donuts for breakfast, No, to 200.00 for any purse...but I looked at them in every store all week too and then bought a cheap mickey cosmetic bag instead!...NO to Fantasmic, that show has really been spoiled for us. Sounds like a nice time though!

vizsla
06-22-2010, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the report.