PDA

View Full Version : We went again in May and it was DRY trip report day 3

luvDaMouse
06-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Cast me, Dana and DH Tom
Monday May 24th
In my last post I forgot to mention the hammocks in the Poly :cloud9: wonderful my dh and I hung out in one next to the water with the breeze blowing I could have stayed there all day!
We had to check out and bid Aloha:( to the Poly today. As sad as that was I was excited to check into the Boardwalk:). We woke up and decided that we would try to get into Kona for breakfast. Capt Kooks is good but it is very busy in the am. I admit I like having someone wait on me instead of ordering myself then trying to find a place to sit. We had no problem getting in it was not busy and were seated immediately. It was really hard decision what to get, my dh was getting eggs and I wanted eggs to ( I felt like I needed some protein) but the Tonga toast is so hard to resist. Well I ended up getting Tonga toast and my dh shared he gave me some eggs and I gave him half of my Tonga toast. (I can never eat the whole thing anyway) Perfect! I am not sure but it tasted better at Kona than at Capt. Kooks?? Not sure if anyone else notices the difference maybe it’s just me? After breakfast we went back to the room to pack up our bags for the transfer to BWV. We brought our luggage down to the front desk and made the arrangements and grabbed a cab to take us to Osprey Ridge as my dh had a 1pm tee time. We did this last year when we transferred from AKV to SSR, it works out well as your rooms are not usually ready until 4pm. After golfing we got a cab back to the BWV ( for anyone that does not know this cabs are complimentary to and from Disneys golf courses if you are staying onsite) Also, gratuities are included which we did not know at first and the driver happily accepted our tip. Well, we checked in to BW, my waitlist for a BW view never came through but my second request was granted we got 3rd floor in the village green area! We had a great view of ESPN and the boardwalk, our balcony was HUGE! You could fit a big table and chairs out there and you could hear the BW music too. We could look out to our left at night and watch the fireworks from Wishes and straight across above the Inn we could see the high fireworks from Illuminations. The room location was ideal elevators were right down the hall you go downstairs and the boardwalk, pool and lobby were right there! (Room 3055) Love this resort! It was like we took 2 separate vacations! After checking out our room and changing clothes we realized we were really hungry so we headed over to ESPN for an early dinner. We had nachos and split ribs (way too much food) we rolled out and proceeded to check out the boardwalk and then walk over to Epcot. As nice as the monorail option for MK is for the Poly the ease of walking from BW to Epcot is great too we loved this, so nice not to have to wait for a bus! We walked around the WS until deciding to settle in by France to catch illuminations and one of the Grey Goose slushies :marg: that everyone raves about. Ok, I do not drink liquor, but not because I am against alcohol but I can never find anything I like the taste of (I tend to be the DD whenever we go out) BUT…This was sooo good and refreshing it tasted really good! We wanted to try the Grand Marniere (sp?) at another time but never got around to it. (Definitely next time) After Illuminations we left thru the International gateway and strolled back to the resort. I loved the Boardwalk at night my dh took some pictures ( I need to open a photobucket or webshot account so I can post links to pictures) I do have to say though (please don’t flame me) I do NOT like the Swan and Dolphin hotels they (IMO) are just HUGE and stick up behind the BW like big sore thumbs :shrug:. They just kinda stand out and seem just so out of place. I know people like these hotels and I am sure they are nice but I just don’t like them right there. That’s my only complaint about the BW area. (Other than the lack of a counter serve restaurant) We walked by and checked out the bakery (for the morning) and headed back to our room to catch the ending of American Idol. (I was happy Dee won he was my pick)
Up tomorrow shopping at Downtown Disney and Fantasmic at DHS
Thanks for reading!
Dana:mickey:

faline
06-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Your stay at the Poly sounds very relaxing! Your room at Boardwalk sounds wonderful! I love having a balcony I sit out on!

mouseketeer mom
06-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Oh thats great you loved your room at the BWV. That would have been awful to check out of the Poly into a room you were not happy with!! And yes. The tonga toast is better at Kona's, I agree. I always finish mine, strangely I have no problem with that,:blush: and I love the sausage at Kona's too, its a nice accompanient to the toast..so good together.
Ok..waiting for more report!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Nice report...love Kona for breakfast:)

pdrlkr
06-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
06-05-2010, 10:02 AM
While I'm sorry you had to leave the relaxing atmosphere of the Poly, it sounds like BW was just as wonderful! Great room location - I can imagine how cool it was to simply walk back to your room after Illuminations and a Grey Goose Slushie!

Another great day for you two at Disney! :mickey:

yjgirl32
06-08-2010, 09:15 AM
I am loving our reports- I remember reading yours from last year. Thanks for sharing.

DisneyorBust
06-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Sorry to read that you had to end your stay at the Poly, but the BWV sounds like it is a great place to stay. I would love to be able to just stroll thru the International Gateway after watching Illuminations, instead of fighting the crowds on the way to the Monorail station.
Thanks for the report.

DizNee143
06-10-2010, 12:10 PM
yay! the boardwalk!! its one of my favorite resorts!!
sounds like another nice day you both had! :mickey:

vizsla
06-19-2010, 05:42 AM
Thanks for the report.

#1disneyfan
06-20-2010, 07:55 PM
I love the Poly and have always wanted to at least visit the Boardwalk! For whatever reason we never seem to get there. It sounds absolutely beautiful. I would love to see it at night.

Again, thanks for sharing your reports!

thejens
06-20-2010, 10:11 PM
TOTALLY agree about the Swan and Dolphin!! I just know Walt would be mortified by the break in theming. Sounds like a great, really relaxing trip so far! SO different from my action packed, kid centered trips! I'll have to try your approach...someday!